Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
--Kintaro--

Another Cacodemon -- Colored --

Drawing and painting with the mouse using Photoshop.

I often wondered why Cacodemons smiled since they were pretty easy to kill...

Well, so here is the evolution of the drawing in 6 steps (the pic is about 80kb):

http://www.avatar-forum.com/images/6cacosbymelvinpressouyre.gif

And here is a close-up of the final version:

http://www.avatar-forum.com/images/CacodemonbyMelvinPressouyre.jpg

I can't wait to see the new version of the cacodemon in Doom3, dunnow if there will be any though :). Feel free to comment ;).

Looking good, but imo its mouth is not big enough. Otherwise it's great.

--Kintaro-- said:

I can't wait to see the new version of the cacodemon in Doom3, dunnow if there will be any though :). Feel free to comment ;).

Oh it's there all right - it was recently described in a mag. It won't look like a big "killer tomato" anymore, but it will still be floating around (of course). It was described as having multiple eyes (can be interpreted in more than one way) and having the ability to spew lost souls (hopefully, it has an actual attack in addition to this).

Relica Religia said:

Umm, if it spews out Lost Souls, then wouldn't it be considered a Pain Elemental?

There are two possibilities - let's just look at the cold facts:

Once upon a time there was an article - I haven't had the pleasure of reading it, but there was a quote in the news post that caught several people's eyes, including mine. The quote talked about the Doom 3 cacodemon (the quote referred to it as a Cacodemon anyway).
Summing up the hard facts: some article author described what he referred to as a Cacodemon.

Now on to the two possibilities here:

1. The author of that article is a noob who mistook the Cacodemon for the new Pain Elemental, in which case he deserves to have rotten cacodemon eyes thrown at him by a crowd of angry Doom fanatics.

2. Id decided to combine the old cacodemon with the old pain elemental and create a new cacodemon which has the abilities of both of the old enemies. In this case, the new Cacodemon would have a lightning attack in addition to the ability to spawn lost souls. This would make sense and be a good idea, since the ol' PE was little more than a brown cacodemon that shot lost souls instead of lightning balls.
(P.S. I hope possibility (2) holds true - much better idea imo).

aww, but I wanna throw cacodemon eyes! I have a nice squishy one all picked out!

Submerge said:

aww, but I wanna throw cacodemon eyes! I have a nice squishy one all picked out!

I believe there are plenty of other Doom n00bs out there who are likely candidates for "cacodaco eye throwing" :-P

dsm said:

Oh it's there all right - it was recently described in a mag. It won't look like a big "killer tomato" anymore, but it will still be floating around (of course). It was described as having multiple eyes (can be interpreted in more than one way)

Sounds like the (can't think of it's name off hand) cacodemon derivative in Duke3d.

dsm said:

I believe there are plenty of other Doom n00bs out there who are likely candidates for "cacodaco eye throwing" :-P

I'm glad I didn't name the drawing a PE then...;p