Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rince

What happened?

What happened to all the bots that were in development?

Did the bot author's pack up and leave?

I was wondering if there is anyone who is still developing a bot for doom?

Seems kinda sad that those projects died.

rince said:

Skulltag!

I didn't know that I'd have to wait one damn hour to download a dinky 4 mb file? Ouch, definitely has been a long since I last checked in Doomworld. Is this site now a part of gamespy or something, because 1 hour is simply too long a wait for such a small file.

So then, the only active project that has bot development is Skulltag, correct?

I can play with bots in zdoom, and I believe Legacy has bots too, is this what you were wondering?

rince said:

No, I was wondering if anyone is still developing a bot :)

Don't download that old version of Skulltag, it's crap :P (when compared to the more recent versions of course ;)).

Wait for version 0.96 to be released, as that will bring back the bots, and in a much improved form too.

And no Doomworld is not affiliated with Gamespy, it just uses a site similar to Fileplanet for its downloads. I suppose you're one of these people who, instead of patiently waiting in a que, would prefer to continuously click the download link over and over and over and over (etc) again for several hours until there's actually space for you in the server, only for the file to start downloading at 0.5kb/s? Because for a site with heavy traffic like File Planet & 3D Downloads, that's the alternative to queing :).

uh this week I'll be getting started on the new Skulltag bots. Just wanted to put an end to the rumors that I've "packed up" :P

Doom Legacy has good bots. however i have yet to figure out how to change the difficulty settings. but zdoom also has bots. there arent as good cause they tend to kill themselves more often but with zdoom, you are able to edit a .cfg file to change the difficulty and skill of the bots.

Carnevil said:

uh this week I'll be getting started on the new Skulltag bots. Just wanted to put an end to the rumors that I've "packed up" :P

There are no rumors, it's just what I naturally assumed

bookworm87 said:

Doom Legacy has good bots. however i have yet to figure out how to change the difficulty settings. but zdoom also has bots. there arent as good cause they tend to kill themselves more often but with zdoom, you are able to edit a .cfg file to change the difficulty and skill of the bots.

Start the game on a different skill level. Not elegant, but it will have to suffice.