Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tednacho

anyone interested in "vintage" wads?

just curious to see if anyone still plays DM wads from between '95-97 and what their favorites are. I'm having a blast reliving the days of modem deathmatching (but obviously not over the modem) and was wondering what others are thinking.

i just played through cathy.wed (DOOM), gangstar.wad (DOOM) and death1.wad (DOOM also). for some reason, ive always gravitated toward DOOM over DOOM2 (must be that first episode), but i havent seen too much activity on ZDaemon.

anyone got a favorite, old DM wad?

I'm having fun playing through the archives for my DM Review site. There are some real gems from way way back. It's also interesting seeing how DM evolved too.

"The Ana's Dream"
Made in 1996, very cool. The problem with it though is that when I first played it I ran around wandering where the next switch is, and it took me like an hour and a half. The second time I played it it took me around 20-25 minutes. If you play it, don't backtrack for more than a minute; if you do, you've missed something. Most of it is finding the next switch, but the archvile is so tripped out!
Duh, except this isn't a DM wad. XP

TNT Blood maps 09, 12 & 14 :-D

Gothic DM map 02.

And some other map...it's been ages since I last played DM in Doom, just those are outstanding DM maps.