Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Mogul

SMB3 vs DOOM is very close - poll ends soon

http://archive.gamespy.com/titlefight/matches/0501.shtml

Mmmm I don't think I've ever seen a poll this popular be so close. (Well, except maybe the presidential election in 2000)

Look guys - this poll is extremely close. As of this post, Mario is winning by a mere SINGLE vote.

If you haven't voted, go do it now!

EDIT - Look, if you have to register to vote, DO IT! It only takes a couple of minutes to register and it's for DOOM. Do it! DO IT NOW!! (if you haven't already)

Fucking SMB3 is flying into the lead suddenly. I call shenanigans.

Let's look at this from a positive point of view: it means Doom won't get its ass kicked by Half-Life.

You have a point. Geeze.

It's not over yet, though. It is so close that the vote could turn around in DOOM's favor as quickly as it did for SMB3.

There's a difference of 7 votes now.
On a total of 16647 votes, that's ridiculous.

EDIT: I did a refresh and it's TIED at 8331 now!

It is clear that it is going to be extremely close right up until the final seconds of the poll. They keep sliding back and forth to and from the lead by only a matter of a couple of votes.

It is pretty amazing that almost 17000 people can vote on a poll and it come down between just two or three votes to decide the outcome (as it looks like it will).

Umm, SMB3 wasn't exactly worse than Doom.

By the way, I thought about Doom but decided to go SMB3 at the last minute. It was a tough call.

A testament to how great both games are.

Now, Half Life vs Mario 3? Mario 3 easily. Half Life is fun... but pitting it against either of the Video Game Juggernaughts of this battle is cruel for Half Life.

Yeah, I wish DOOM had won, but if ever there were a game that might be worthy of taking it down, Mario 3 could be a contender for that position.

Well, you know, it's not really that objective a comparison.

It's really just gamers voting for which they like best - or maybe which they had (have) more fun with.

Goat said:

imo doom3 has much more replay value :/

YES DOOM3 with its per-poly hit detection, awesome lighting, rag-doll physics, revolutionary graphics, etc could kick any game on that lists' ass.

Goat said:

imo doom3 has much more replay value :/

I voted Doom, but Mario has more of a mainstream following. Imo Mario has better replay value against Doom w/o mods.

Goat said:

imo doom has much more replay value :/

You are definitely right on this one. SB3, however, is perhaps the most all-around solid game of all time. Its replayability value isn't lacking in the least, either.

(I assume you meant Doom, not Doom 3.)