Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
--Kintaro--

Have fun with the skeletons (HL2)

I don't think this is the appropriate forum to post that, but wow, that's really cool. I can't wait to see Half-Life 2. I don't know anything about comparing it to Doom 3, though.

Heh, it reminds me of those funny stretchy rubber toy skeletons.

No offense, but this need to be blogged or Everything Else'd though.

Can you do that sort of stuff in HL2? Cause if you can, I'll be doin shit like that to the head crabs and military dudes, shit like that.

Hehe, well the good news is, I was said that Doom3 also uses the Havok engine ! Hooah !

Now if any1 can confirm that would be great. I'll have a look into the official website see if I can dig the answer.

Sorry about the wrong section in the forum [post moved over here]

Games should be more dynamic like this. It's ridiculous to have a half-dozen pre-scripted death animations and to have people say "OMG THIS IS SO REALISTIC."

This stuff is good, but games nowadays need far more emphasis on this and far less on bubble gum graphics.

You know, I've seen effects VERY much like this in Minority Report: Everybody Runs, but it's still awesome.

AndrewB said:
Games should be more dynamic like this. It's ridiculous to have a half-dozen pre-scripted death animations and to have people say "OMG THIS IS SO REALISTIC."

Geez. That’s a little harsh. I mean, until this, ti was the best that was out there.

Yes, this is exactly what I had in mind. Although they still have along way to go-- elbows(and most other joints) obviously don't have 360 degrees of freedom.

EDIT: I am spending WAY too much time playing with this.

DJ_Haruko said:

They need an exaggerated version of this in newer Dead or Alive games.

To make the boobs more jiggly?

Far Cry has some great physics in it. just watching everything fly around after an explosion is cool. I also think everything in the engine is all inhouse, and it's a great result.

Mr.Magnetichead said:

This is what? 18 months old atleast?

Heh yeah I've been playing with this thing on and off for months and months now. I like flinging it way high in the air and watching it gentle tumble down.

Job said:

Painkiller's physics are better.

Ummmm...Painkiller uses the HAVOK 2.0 engine also!

UT2K4's physics is pretty good too.

They all suck.

No sense of mass.
No sense of friction.

And I know we said "rag dolls" but did they really have to go and make corpses out of rags?!?!?!

AndrewB said:

Oh my god, I actually killed the skeleton in that thingy.

I threw him off the edge and he kept falling until I couldn't see him anymore, then it just stopped. :D

If your reaction time is good with the Hang button, you can catapult him into parts unknown.

He became a ghost, and I know it. He would keep falling effortlessly through the stone structures, and chucking rocks had no effect on him.