Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dron

Old Gems

Grazza said:

Only genuine freeware and shareware please. "Abandonware" = warez.

Sorry I didn't realize that. Silly me

RottKing said:

Ah ZZT, the fun we had <3

Until the commune went to hell. Or you left earlier and never saw that. Last time I looked the main site's forums got turned into a Furry Site.
Danarchy: Agreed im still making levels for that but its the 3rd or 4th time i've returned to playing that game. (Yes I quit playing it that many times)

I'm trying to remember this old game I had that was freeware. You'd basically pick from a few different races(like a person, dog, robot, demon, etc), and the game would throw you into a room with hundreds of other enemies just to see who would make it out last. There wasn't much premise, but it was fun to set it so the CPU would control 1000 enemies blasting each other in a 10x10 dungeon.

I believe the highest rating I ever got was "Satan's Enema" or something like that.

EDIT: Shame on you for posting a link to The Underdogs. That site makes Ad-Aware work overtime.

If anyone cand find a copy of Darkwolf, I will be infinitely grateful.

Dron said:

Anyone got a copy of Doom 2D? It's freeware iirc

I found a copy here. It's in a foreign language, though, which I find annoying as helll. :P

Also, Jetpack is 1337! Another awesome old game is Chip's Challenge, but seeing that it's still not available for free download, I'll shut up now. :P

Another cool Freeware game is Hazard Ball, but it's not quite finished yet. All that's there is a short test version. I like this game a whole lot. :P

The only ones I can remember off the bat right now are dosgames.com (has plenty of stuff - can't remember if they have Darkwolf or not) and zeuxworld.com (MZX, the spiritual successor to ZZT - but good luck if you're running NT/2K/XP).

Xaser said:
Also, Jetpack is 1337! Another awesome old game is Chip's Challenge, but seeing that it's still not available for free download, I'll shut up now. :P

leet? Yes indeedy Chip's Challenge was nice and fun. Another real good and old game was "Watch out willy!" 'Tis funny that Doom and Jetpack were released in the same year (1993)

Another cool Freeware game is Hazard Ball, but it's not quite finished yet. All that's there is a short test version. I like this game a whole lot. :P

Nice btw. Who deleted Plank's post?

EDIT: Wildweasel posted while I was typing my post... I've been looking for the dosgames site! Thx. And zeuxworld... been there, done that, got banned :)

Dittohead said:

Hmm, isn't System Shock 2 freeware these days?

I don't think so sir. I could be wrong tho. A few questions people:
1st. Is Commander Keen freeware?
2nd. Is wacky wheels freeware?
Okay il shut up now

Dron said:

1st. Is Commander Keen freeware?

No.

I don't think there are many products that start off as commercial games that are later made into freeware.

Isn't there a program out there that allows you to run games at 486 speed, darkwolf is too damn fast on my system. (and my comp is obsolete as of the day i got it)

Lure Of The Tempress and Beneath A Steel Sky are freeware nowadays AFAIK. Both very interesting adventure games. Look for the downloads yourself.