Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
THE_Widowmaker

best doom moments

And now the moment we've all been waiting for. I mean, you have been waiting for this moment, haven't you? The moment when we'll know, when we'll know who was right. When we'll know if Mr. L alt-129 t was right. Will this be the straw that broke the camels back? Will the topic burst into flames with this post? Or will it just sit there like it always did. Will all our dreams be shatter... we shall find out now....

I figured it out! I figured it out! It's the amount of pages the post has. As soon as it gets 2 pages, it's a hot topic and on fire. So if you set the amount of messages to display on one page to 5, all topics with 6 or more messages will be on fire. I have mine set to 120, so only topics with 121 or more posts will be on fire.

My most memorable moment... wow

there are *so* many

I'd have to say:

1.) Watching my brother dial up a friend for the very first time to deathmatch... it was so surreal knowing that the other guy across the way was actually a real person. My gaming life forever changed at that moment from console to PC, and to this day Doom2 and quake1/2 are my favorite games, period. Super shotgun in doom2 map01? ... still makes me warm and fuzzy

2.) Beating co-op Doom with my friend Djuane Jackson through our 14.4 modems while we both used joystick still. Part of the unenlightened age (aka: mouse? wtf?). No game has brought such a rush and pride in actually beating it since Doom, although Unreal has come *VERY* close... great SP experience!!!

3.) Playing AliensTC Co-op through our Coax network for nearly 8 hours straight. I love Aliens TC--justin, you own

4.) Buying a second jaguar and doom copy to linkcable between two bigscreen TV's at a network party I hosted. We stole the show ;)

-|RaptoR|
Kevin Anderson
webmaster, http://www.andersonzone.com

So many...
I'll only say a few.

1. Playing DooM I for the first time, and then being scared to play at night(I was only 7).

2. Getting DooM 2.

3. Playing E2M7 for the first time. I saw the Mancubi and I was almost fell off my chair. Then came the Arachnotrons...

4. Hearing the level 30 music. Still sends shivers down my spine.

5. Making my first map. I was like "I can't belive I made this!", even though it was a room with a slime pit and 1 monster...

6. Seeing the Cyber Demon for the first time.

And more will probably come soon...

Ain't it...Mancubi?

BANNED!!!

BANNED BANNED BANNED BANNED BANNED!!

Damn it I wish I could ban :(

:P

Ain't it...Mancubi?

To hell with the fat Mancubi! Can't we just call it a Mancubus? That fat bastard. :(

Between hell and heaven, I don't know what that is exactly but he's gotta bet in that area.

Between hell and heaven, I don't know what that is exactly but he's gotta bet in that area.

Earth?

Earth?

Nope, wrong dimension. I think it's the "tunnel" where lost souls get stuck in. That's the path from Earth to Heaven though...we'll experience it when we die, we'll just wait and see.

These questions can be tricky.

BANNED BANNED BANNED BANNED BANNED!!

Damn it I wish I could ban :(
:P

Ummmmmmm, why would I be banned for a joke like that? Apparently you didn't notice the "heh" I put after that.

BTW, I made that joke cuz whoever said "mancubuses" erred. With the "-us" singular ending, plural would be "-i", just as in Latin (Yes, I'm in Latin).

Sorry to give that English Lesson.

Ummmmmmm, why would I be banned for a joke like that?

You wouldn't, but we had this same huge debate like 2 or 3 months ago, and I thought I had settled it forever back then.

So many...
I'll only say a few.

1. Playing DooM I for the first time, and then being scared to play at night(I was only 7).

2. Getting DooM 2.

3. Playing E2M7 for the first time. I saw the Mancubuses and I was almost fell off my chair. Then came the Anachratrons...

4. Hearing the level 30 music. Still sends shivers down my spine.

5. Making my first map. I was like "I can't belive I made this!", even though it was a room with a slime pit and 1 monster...

6. Seeing the Cyber Demon for the first time.

And more will probably come soon...

For one... Ultimate Doom/Registered Doom I didn't have Mancubi, or Arachnotrons. You are referring to Map07 of Doom II. :Þ

For one... Ultimate Doom/Registered Doom I didn't have Mancubi, or Arachnotrons. You are referring to Map07 of Doom II. :Þ

Yes. Yes I was.

It also didn't have Anachratrons, niether did DOOM 2.

You're not refering to Arachnatrons are you?