Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lupinx_resurrected

ACS question

Can someone help me figure out how to make a text message appear when you enter or step to a certain area? I know it is one of the simplest scripts, but I dont know how to even do that! How do I pinpoint the area I want the text message to appear when accessed? How do I make it appear in the first place? Im using doombuilder if that helps at all.

I have another question but i'll save it for later.

Just set some line's special to execute a script (ACS_Execute), for example script number 1. Then edit the script to something like that:

script 1 (void)
{
     print(s:"LOLoloLOLOkekekek");
}
Or you could use hudmessage instead of print, which is a lot better but also more complicated.

Ok the programming is down but How do I point out where I want the script to occur? I put out map spot objects but I don't know how to direct the scripts towards them.

Map spots won't work. There are at least 4 ways to activate a script:

• activating a line: set a line's special to one of the ACS_Execute* specials. IIRC first argument is the script number, second is the map (0 for current map), the last three are the script arguments. Make sure to set the desired activation type (walk over, use etc.)
  • kill a monster: set the monster's special to one of the ACS_Execute* specials. The parameters are the same as for the line activation. The script will be executed when the monster is killed
  • item pick-up: the same as for monsters. The script will be executed when the item is picked up
  • "puke" in console: this console command executes the script given as the first parameter. Following arguments are the script's parameters. You can also bind "puke" to a key, but you have to make sure to put the whole command in quotation marks. Example: bind x "puke 1 32 8"