Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AlphaGOD

new monsters .... a lot of them

okay new update for this ... i'm working on at least 60 new monsters for this using the DECORATE lump and 18 new projectiles if i can't find any new ones ... the new monsters are stronger than the doom ones ... hey man this is hell so all the badasses are here ... i'm also gonna add a nazist part of hell using the mosnters from wolfen doom and maybe use some Aliens jsut to spice up things a little :D the mosnters will be released in a LUCIFER light version pack that means that Lucifer the final boss will be a easirer than the one in the actual game . Anyways this monster pack will be released in the next week . As soon as v64 will be finished i'll make around 10 new weapons or so but only time will tell ....

There's a bug with the DECORATE concerning creating monsters with it. If there is not enough room for a projectile shot by the monster, it will crash zdoom.

Is there any particular theme? I'm not sure if it's a good idea to merge aliens with nazis.

With that thread title, Earthbound Doom comes to my mind immediately.
In case you don't know it yet, it has more than 100 different creatures in it, which is not exactly the best idea ever.
Better don't make the same mistake!

ravage said:

There's a bug with the DECORATE concerning creating monsters with it. If there is not enough room for a projectile shot by the monster, it will crash zdoom.

Which will get fixed in the next version. Unfortunately it's overdue for a month now... :-(

netnomad312 said:

...EB Doom got finished? Last I played it, it was some two or three map thing... O_o

It doesn't look like it's finished. Here is the homepage, I know of: http://www.zxdware.net/ebdoom/
Actually those few maps were more than enough to get the idea. I'm not really waiting for a full version. If I am tired of the regular Doom bad guys, I just grab my old copy of Dark Forces, Duke Nukem 3D, Shadow Warrior, Quake or Unreal for an exchange. Or maybe even a completely different game like Boulder Dash or some LucasArts adventures.

okay there ain't no particular theme for this i'm just making a hudge monster pack i will use for my project and stop all the complaint's about the decorate lump being hard and "i can't do my own monster stuff" for the moment i had tp scrap out the new projectiles but i'll make use of the existing ones and different ai for this ... the monster number just grew cos i'm also adding the nazi form wolfestein TC ... i've got 25 monsters ready the size will be a little under 20 mb and the editor numbers are 16000 - 16003 - bosses and 16100- 160XX for the rest of the group ... after maybe if i get the hang of the build engine the monsters from all the build games will find a place in doom ...

As for EB Doom it's up for some competition ... besides my monsters are much tougher and i need this for the War Of Hell

Peace ....

The War Of Hell is near .....

It should be nice to see as a spectator battles betwen characters (or armies) from diferent games. If you are adding so much monsters, could you add please the butcher from Blood?

hey i'll add all the monsters i get my hands on ... the only problem is that it will take longer .... anyways first i must search for blood in my collection :D and these will not be in the first release cos i need to get these ready i have no idea how build made it's monsters ... :D anyawys there will be a second release ... that i promise

and after a day of sorting 15XXX god damn sprites i'm god damn ready to actually add the monsters , my eyes hurt like hell but tommorow is the day it will all begin ... i didn't keep count of all the numbers and stuff but it will get to around 200 for the monsters and a lot more of decorative stuff ... i hope it will come out ok this does not mean i stoppend working on my other projects , yes i'm a multitasker and a big one , so The War of Hell , the patches/floors and my page are coming as well :D

Vegeta said:

It should be nice to see as a spectator battles betwen characters (or armies) from diferent games. If you are adding so much monsters, could you add please the butcher from Blood?

This guy actually converts fairly well to the Doom palette.

Vegeta said:
Is there any particular theme? I'm not sure if it's a good idea to merge aliens with nazis.

Why not. Hollywood has been doing it for years. :-)

Kappes Buur said:

Why not. Hollywood has been doing it for years. :-)

Hmmm...

o_0 .oO(In a place *shows a nice little town* where nothing is what it seems *same town only at night with shadowy figures*, one man *shows main character* attempts to leave behind his ancient past... *close up of swastica* only to change the course of history it's self *main character saying 'what have I done!?'*! Now *explosion*, he fights an old evil with a new twist... *cue main character sitting silently watching something off screen while breathing heavily* for he battles... The Mutant Zombie Nazi Ninja Monkeys from Another World! *random fighting scenes before showing the title of the movie*)

...heh, that would be interesting. But on to the real point, this idea of cramming a bunch of monsters into one place seems like a moderately good idea, just try and make them diffrent somehow. We don't need 10 diffrent creatures that all throw a fireball of some sort, and for the love of JC, don't make STUPIDLY powerful monsters that no one could ever kill. :)

hehe yeah i am trying hard to make these different , for example as the new sprites are sorted , renamed and stuff i've reached a decision to make the heroes from the other games use different attacks . Like Duke Nukem will use all his arsenal if you get to fight him also all the other monsters that were ready are remade to provide a certain difference in gameplay as for the stupid hard to kill monsters there is only one ... Lucifer , the one i'm saving for the final of The War Of Hell , but he will be released as a light version in the public release .

Oh i'm half way through the sorting the final number will be 150-160 monsters if i don't find anything worth adding in here , i wanted to add Redneck Rampage monsters but that is on hold because i really can't find it in my collection ... also i'm thinking of adding some skins on this like some of Skulltag's or other i find crammed up somwhere :D

As for the cramming a bunch of monsters in one place , well i REALLY don't hope any sick map maker will put all the monsters in one place with no theme at all , the "creator" should respect a theme of monsters and try to make them fit the scenery or keep a theme of monsters in the level , mixing nazist with cyberdemons , ninjas and robots ain't exactly the best thing out there :D

Peace i'm off to sorting hell again :D

Sounds good.

Is that Lucifer the end boss of certain game, or it's a modified/new sprite?

it's a modified cyberdemon ... 20000 hitpoints - light version , fast shooting but rather slow . the rest is secret :D that means i didn't decide yet what to cut down for the light version

Modified Cyberdemons, pfft, I'm ALL ABOUT the modified cyberdemons. Your Cybdemon still fails it with my current ultimate one, and there's no way I'm going to spoil my megawad's final boss...

that ain't my final boss it's the VERY LIGHT VERSION ... the rest will only be seen when i end the WAR ... so don't count on it ... he is Lucifer now ain't he :D

i don't understand why people have issues with converting color palettes for doom sprites. There is no conversion involved. I just copy and paste from the games i want and voila. done. Using wintex, of course.

But..blah..PNG..blah blah..pallete..blah..linux...blah..genocide of legitamate coders..blah blah...bill gates is hitler..blah..cant just copy them in..blah..subtle differences..blah blah..*insert identical-looking comparison pics here*..blah..*same pics zoomed in 80000 times showing slightly different shade of grey*..blah..corporate..blah blah..liberal..blah..i've never had a girlfriend..blah blah...UR GAY LOLZ!

there ain't no prob in the pallete conversion . at least i didn't have any . with the right programs you can convert ANY SPRITE to the doom pallete . the only real probs would be on the transparent part of the patch/sprite because the colour differs from one game to the other but this can be changed easy with some right software . the most scary part would be changing the background color of 500 sprites but that is also made easy with the right software . so everything is linked to the right program used at the right time . the rest , like renaming and stuff for sprites has to be done sorta mannualy sincee you don't want a stupid program to mix them up and ruin your work .