Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Janderson

Upcoming Bands (maybe)

Real Punk or American-style Punk?

EDIT: American. And with British flags on their website too. Blasphemy!

NiGHTMARE said:

Real Punk or American-style Punk?

EDIT: American. And with British flags on their website too. Blasphemy!

ROFL

Reminds me of SLC Punk where he's dissing on people who wear UK patches talk about 'Anarchy in the UK'. Oddly enough, about 2 weeks after I saw that movie, I saw a patch at Hot Topic that was a UK flag with 'ANARCHY IN THE UK' scrawled acoss it. Teh Irony.

I need to make a site for Disturbed Chicken, a band I started with Lu-Wang that features me on guitar, Lu on guitar, and a mysterious cacodemon on drums.

Eh, I personaly hesitate to call any band punk, simply because there's no real definition anymore. Most people consider real punk as the historical, anarchy driven anti-gov't bands of the 80s. But, if you're going to go by that you may as well consider an anti-flagish band as punk, and quite honestly that's a joke.

I love Bad Religion though, for many reasons. Mostly because they have their own defination of punk, and they stick to it, and the result is some insightful/catchy music which you can listen to and not feel like your trying to prove something by listening to it. It's just good music.

Sorry, but if it's good, it ain't proper punk! :P Real punk (Sex Pistols et al) has to have at least two band members who can't actually play their instruments properly, and prefferably a singer who isn't too good at singing ;).

gatewatcher said:

I love Bad Religion though, for many reasons. Mostly because they have their own defination of punk, and they stick to it, and the result is some insightful/catchy music which you can listen to and not feel like your trying to prove something by listening to it. It's just good music.

Speaking of which, have you heard these?

It won't load, but if it's socpunk, your probably talking about the leaked album. Yes, I've heard them, and they're incredible!

Heh, the only punk band I like is Dropkick Murphys for some reason. Also, people who listen to punk confuse the fuck out of me by telling me whats not punk. They all say something completely different. 9_6

Heh, I'm not saying I don't like these "punk" bands who aren't really punk, I just wish they'd admit that they're rock! :)

Danarchy said:

Heh, the only punk band I like is Dropkick Murphys for some reason. Also, people who listen to punk confuse the fuck out of me by telling me whats not punk. They all say something completely different. 9_6

I've seen them a few times, and trust me, they play up the whole Boston thing. Their hardcore fans are of course based here, but from what I've heard they have a bigger following outside of MA.

GG Allin was the only real punk that took it all the way. If you ever see it at a place like Newberry Comics, pick up the "GG Allin: Hated" dvd, or "Live and Pissed".. it makes the Sex Pistols look like snot nosed brats.

I love the whole punk/anarchy thing. These are the same suburban kids that still go to school and get jobs and buy that shitty plad (sp) clothing with their parents' money, conforming to an "unconforming" style... but they are rebels and anarchists bringing down teh system from within. Don't forget that enlightening "back to their roots thing" despite the fact that they've only listened to "punk" music for a few months and don't know who the Ramones are. Real, true, honest to God punks and anarchists. So... down with the man or something. White trash are the true punks. And Kurt Cobain.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and they are so truly punk they don't conform to a label to define themselves, because that is so like... preppy or something. Right.