Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Janderson

Maggots [Slipknot]

darknation said:

I just like slipknot fans because they get really angsty and defensive when you tell them to pull the shit out of their ears and listen to a band that you should have grown out of when you were twelve.

To clarify: my above post wasn't just talking about Slipknot. Any music. Classical, Jazz, Country, whatever your fancy. Some people are so absorbed in their music, they just can't comprehend that there are different styles of music out there.

But at the same time, it's sad to see people (nobody on this Forum, though) go into the same 20,000 word rants about how if you listent to a certain type of music they don't agree with, that makes you the "homo."

It can go either way.

from what i know, this has been a relatively civil discussion as far as music tastes go.

i was a huge fan of the first album (oh sorry *COUGH COUGH* first STUDIO album) but i didn't like iowa very much, this new song is crazy good tho

Yea I love it when anyone mounts an angry defense when you say their bands suck, 'Goth,' 'Homie,' 'punk' or 'Towni' or whatever they like to be called.
I was guilty of this, but I believe that I have grown out of it.

It's a shame they never focused more on one's indevidual talents besides the singer.. James Root is a guitar teacher, and a decent shredder to top it off. Their older albums were alright, kinda glad this is there last before it gets too embarrasing

I think the band does amplify each members' talents (most of them, anyway) in a subtle way. I mean, how many band out that actually have 'Knot's sound? They have a totally individual sound that they made for themselves.

Yeah, I thought - and still think - their self-titled was the best thing Since old Slayer, and I'm glad their last album is shaping up to be halfways decent.