and you thought i couldnt be done ;)
espesially in DooMsday aka jDooM
it got jumpads,fog and rain :D
here goes some pics

early ss

without fog

with rain

what do ya think?

The 9 FPS looks bad to me though. All the rest look like standard JDoom effects.

Metal_Sonic said:

and you thought i couldnt be done ;)

No, I thought it could be done, all right.

Looking good. I especially like the rain shot, despite its low FPS

Just one question: who are you gonna play against?

What? You want names or something?

Just cos YOU don't play jDoom online doesn't mean others don't.

I think this would be better as a ZDoom/ZDaemon map. Much more players on there, and it supports things like fog as well. Other than the rain (which seems to cause terrible lag - on multiplayer it'd surly be unplayable), I don't see anything that ZDoom couldn't do.

Just one question: who are you gonna play against?

well i have two computers which run doomsday excelent and i hook em up and play with my bro or sis

and when jdoom1.8 comes out it will have a better netcode

rain dosnt lag the game no more :D

DaniJ said:

What? You want names or something?

Just cos YOU don't play jDoom online doesn't mean others don't.

Heh, I didn't mean anything offensive by that. I just meant that not a lot of people play JDoom online the last I checked.

Heh you must have checked 3 years ago because I've seen a lot of people playing Jdoom on Doom Connector.

Guess so :P

Then again I don't use Doom Connector sooooo oh well.

No probs DoomBoy, I was a bit abrupt in my reply mainly because Doomsday tends to get a lot of flack for it's multiplayer support.

Which I don't really understand as it has become much better in the 1.7 series. The new 1.8 version will have a completely new multi threading server/client system. I predict that combined with the new split screen support should really kickstart the multiplayer side.

Another cool 1.8 feature are the plugin game modes. Basically it will allow anyone who can create a dll the opportunity to create any kind of new single/multiplayer game modes using the new API. So stuff like CTF, Domination etc will be very straight forward to add to Doomsday. All you'd have to do is create the new things & thinker routines for the flags and create a few new XG classes. Bots could be added in these plugins also but would obviously require a lot more work.

On Topic:
Glad to hear you got the rain sorted. In the map all the roof tops are connected via jumppads, I think it would improve gameplay if you could jump from building to building or have some two level roofs with perhaps fire escape like stairs connecting some of them. Also I think you should increase the amount of floor area, it's very cramped atm other than the one large building.

Jdoom's particles will all be handled on the client side, so the rain won't lag a net game in terms of latency. But the FPS hit does seem a bit too severe to justify the visual improvement the effect brings in this case.

DaniJ said:

Another cool 1.8 feature are the plugin game modes.

Ya mean like mutators for the Unreal tournament series?

Very nice!!!

I see it's inspired from Skyline from UT2003?

You made me want to make a level like that.

If I can have the texture pack, please e-mail to pieceofshiat@hotmail.com. I want to look and perhaps use much later. When you're releasing this anyway?

Pics are broken.

And I'm happy to hear that 1.8 is going to have better netcode.

When do you suppose 1.8 is gonna come out anyway? I hear the new shader system is pretty keen as well.