Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Nemephosis

Getting revenge on the monsters aka cheating like hell

Hey guys, downloaded Absolution and I have to say thanks to Rob for making this, brings back a lot of great memories of my N64 days.

So after blasting through it, I wanted to cheat through it sort of as payback for all the hell these monsters put me through :p However I have no idea what the cheats are. I found God on my own (that's srt of standard these days) but I can't figure out how to get the keys weapons and ammo. Help on this please? Thanks.

Im not sure what the cheats are for Absolution. I believe that Invulnerability is the same for DooM64TC & DooM I & II ( iddqd ), but I may be wrong. the keys firearms and ammo cheat in classic DooM was idkfa. Try it. If it doesn't work, then maybe someone else will know.

Well they didn't work but this might be due to the fact that I tried this before defeating Map 38 which apparently is how you unlock the cheats. Go me!

I'm going to format soon, so I'm wondering if there's a way to unlock the cheats without having to beat Map 38. I'm sure there's something you can change in one of the text files. hasbeatengame=true or something like that. It would kind of suck to have to go through AGAIN to unlock it AGAIN. :p

Thanks again.

edit: As an interesting note: I played the demo map from the title screen (Map 36) and after beating it it took me to Map 37. Beating that one took me to map 36 again. Yep, I was stuck.

Interesting note 2: God mode works without having beaten Map 38.

Yeah I know it's like an endless loop.

"This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my frend. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was. But they continued singing it forever just because this is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on..."

Same thing. BTW, you said God Mode worked. Was it in fact iddqd that activated it?

No, I just tried "god" and sure enough, got it. With IDDQD it says "invalid string specified" or something to that end.

edit: Okay I'm not sure what's called a cheat and what isn't. I figured, you know, cheats, like ammo and weapons and stuff.

So I'm digging around in the doom64.cfg file looking for a way to enable cheats. I wasn't aware jumping was a cheat whereas getting keys and ammo was not. O_o

Okay so the only clue I got from there was the "give" command.

# 1=Allow cheating in multiplayer games (god, noclip, give).
server-game-cheat 0

Okay, so it's "give". Great stuff. Go into a single player, and type "give unmaker" cause hey, I want an Unmaker :p

The strings that come back:

What do you mean, U?
What do you mean, N?
Computer area map given.
Ammo given.
Keys/skulls given.
What do you mean, E?
Full armor given.

So, without having to beat Map 38 I can get ammo, keys, weapons, and God mode. Basically everything I wanted. What counts as a cheat, I wonder?

Anyway, I guess this sort of answered itself. How do I close it now.....

a bump and:

it's not quite done yet I suppose. I've determined that only the jumping and something else are considered cheats, and most everything else is not.

I was wondering if there was a command to skip to the map of your choice. Thanks. I've tried everything I can think of. idclev, skipto, jump, go, goto, go, nothing. Can anyone help? :)

Did you try "map <map name>"? That's the standard in most ports with consoles (note: I haven't actually played Doom 64 TC in ages and never cheated at it, so it's just a suggestion).

would a number work? I have no idea what the map names are. I'm sort of new at this. I know bits and pieces of Unreal code and how to read strings, and this I'm clueless on.

edit: yeah the "map" command comes up as "no such command or variable". :(

The cheats for DOOM64 absolution are the same as for any fucking DOOM game and DOOM port in history - IDDQD, IDKFA, IDSPISPOPD (for some reason, IDCLIP doesn't work), IDBEHOLD, IDCLEV, even IDCHOPPERS works.

Nemephosis - have you ever played any DOOM game on the PC? If not, please go hang yourself right now.

These cheats work. You don't need anything to "enable" them. If you can't activate them - you are a moron beyond repair and should refer to the above instruction for hanging.

I don't know if the reason this thread managed to carry on for so long is because there really is very few people that play Doomsday, or because everyone is just laughing at your immense stupidity, but, sheesh!

I found it funny that you tried all sorts of map warping commands, except the most obvious. Yes, I could help you by telling what it is, but you don't deserve help.

Die!

Don't type the cheats in the console. Type them in-game.
The console command for level warping is "warp NUMBER"