Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Submerge

Old challenges

Has there ever been anything in your life that absolutely was out of your ability when you were younger, so you told yourself that you would DEFINITELY come back and defeat said daunting challenge when you were older?

For me it's this, feel free to laugh:

In the old Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game for the nintendo, there was that DAMNED TIME BOMB MISSION underwater. I couldn't defeat it.... ever, when I was younger. I'm going to get my hands on another copy of it and show it who's boss now that I'm older and stuff.

Oh yeah, play and beat Rambo for the NES. God, I loved that game when I was 5.... but I barely remember it.

I spent countless hours playing The Flintstones on the NES and once got to the final boss, but then had to leave for school and never managed to get that far into the game again :/ That thought me a lesson about not trying to play through an entire game at 6AM. But last year, through the miracle of emulation, I finally did it.

I think i've had a few of those old challenges

Submerge said:

In the old Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game for the nintendo, there was that DAMNED TIME BOMB MISSION underwater. I couldn't defeat it.... ever, when I was younger. I'm going to get my hands on another copy of it and show it who's boss now that I'm older and stuff.

Similarly i vowed as a kid that i would finally complete the Simpsons arcade game which i eventually did when i was about 12.

I once challenged myself to beat the entirety of a single Mario game. I haven't yet accomplished this task - I've come very very close (Mario Land 2 - made it to Wario's final stage but couldn't beat Wario), but I have not completed one yet.

yes the turtles game was awsome, however i played the gameboy version more offten. in the gameboy version you could go to the last level if you wanted but you could never get all the points

Finding out why the global minimum of y=x^x is located at x=1/e. I didn't solve that until about a year ago.

I should speedrun TMNT, I played waaaay too much Nintendo as a ki... I play waaay too much Nintendo. Infact, correct me if I'm wrong, but the code for TMNT II is BABAUDBALRBAS?

Achieve zen.

If I remember correctly when I was younger I came pretty damn close to beating Mega Man 2 but then had to quit right there. -.- I've beaten MM5 though. And back then the Doc Robot versions of Needle Man's stage in MM3 (the flying part) and Shadow Man's (the part with those weird platforms that would separate under you in the dark) were fucking impossible to me.

I am not now, not have I ever been, capable of finishing one fucking level of the Mega Man series. Long before I perfected my hand-eye coordination skill I discovered things such as trees and rocks.

Numbermind said:

I am not now, not have I ever been, capable of finishing one fucking level of the Mega Man series. Long before I perfected my hand-eye coordination skill I discovered things such as trees and rocks.

you fail it, hard core...not one level? christ man

I always wanted to beat all of Wolfenstein on the 2nd to most hardest difficulty. Since I couldn't buy it anywhere and didn't want to warez it, I played the secret game inside my Xbox version of RtCW and beat all of it soundly, though it took about 5 hours.

Janderson said:

Kindergarden.

That explains your post. :P

I am a pansy in most games. I absolutely refuse to die, especially to one-hit kills. Mega Man games had so much opportunity for that to happen and thus I never completed any of them save for the first one and the sixth one. I also don't remember beating Super Contra on just three lives. Fighting the Cyberdemon in Doom was an exercise in trying not to panic.

Numbermind said:

I sentence you to beat the first Wily level of MM2

Job said:

That explains your post. :P

Heh, Goddamnit. There's no hope for me.

New (old) target: Find my childhood friend - now archenemy's ass, and kick it.

It may have been me, but I thought back in the day, and still think now, the NES Mega Man games were pretty tough. Maybe my skill just wasn't/isn't enough, who knows.

I've never beaten a single level in Megaman, either. I was so frustrated with the way he jumped that I have never touched any Megaman game since then.

To this day I have neither completely beaten Sypro, but have not played the other sypro games yet..