Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Green Marine

uh yeah hey

Whats up DooMworld. Im not really sure what I even wanted to say. See the thing is, I was allways an avid DooMer. I played constantly. It allways has been and allways will be the best game. A few years ago, I started working all the time and stopped playing video games alltogether. I dunno, I just kinda fell outta it for a while, then never picked it back up. To tell you the truth, I kinda forgot about my many many gaming years. About 3 days ago, I came home for a while and noticed a box of my old stuff. In it I found a copy of "Knee Deep In the Dead", the 1st book of the DooM series. I picked it up and read the whole thing over the course of the day. My heart was on fire once more, and I tore through my old computer trying to find a still working DooM program. Finally I came across an old folder of DooM wads, including doom2.wad. I dowloaded Doom95 and BAM, I was back. Since then I've gone through it like 6 times on Ultra-Violence (I allways got frustrated on Nightmare). I've also read the other three books. Needless to say, my days have been nonstop DooMing. I was talking to my little brother about how great it was to be playing DooM again, and he said he didn't know I used to play DooM. He's only like 9 now, so I'm sure he doesn't remember. He then took me to his room and showed me that he had DooM on his 64. I've played through like 15 levels of that, and it was pretty cool. It was kinda like the DooM I know, just fresh I guess. Anyway, I said all that to say this. I was just wondering what's happened with DooM since I left. Someone told me at the dorms that they came out with, or were gonna come out with something called DooM Legacy or something. What's that all about? Anything anyone could enlighten me on in the current DooMworld? (no pun intended) Anyway, I'm probably pissin off whoever looks after this forum for takin up so much damn room. My apologies. Im just ramblin cuz Im excited. It's good to be back on Phobos and Deimos, ya know?...

Just try all of the source ports! You'll gonna need them, if you plan downloading a banch of new PWAD's. Without them, there are little advantage in the source ports anyways.

No, just more like "Hi, I'm back, so get ready..."

I promise you Imp, I wont drag you down with any more Im new posts. I have a funny fealin that it'll be alright ;)

You know, Imps were allways one of my favorite monsters to mow down...
:D

There's plenty of custom wads available as well, with some mind blowing architecture these days for a game that is 10 years old.

There are also newer editors around (doombuilder) which make map authoring a little easier for those of us who have always longed for a 3d view while editing (ala BUILD).

And I suggest checking out Doomsday at http://www.doomsdayhq.com

Look at the "ten years of DOOM" section.
Nice to see someone talking about DOOM in that way.

Ahhh build. I have "allways" (for you Epyo) loved making dukeneukem maps with that EdProg. Ken Silverman really outdid himself. It was always very user friendly. Good call Ditto.

Ill check out 10 years. Thanks Vegeta.

Thanks Darkman. I just downloaded and installed Legacy. It kinda hurt my brain for a few seconds looking at E1M1 with smooth crisp graphics. Then the sly grin of the hardcore DooMer crept over my face and I proceeded to kick ass in 3dFXglide. When and imp threw a fireball, I had an orgasm. When I fired the rocket launcher, I died and went to heaven.

Im sure you all remember such feelings when such sorce ports first hit the net?

Well, it has to be for me, Im dumb as hell. Most people dont know this about me, but my left pinkie has down syndrome. No shit.

BTW, is Legacy still being worked on or is this the final version?

The Green Marine said:

BTW, is Legacy still being worked on or is this the final version?

Still being worked on

I downloaded Z-DooM (Which took some doing cause the DoomWorld sorce ports page's link to the program was currently unavailable) I've been playing for about an hour. Feels like Im playin Quake.

The Green Marine said:

When and imp threw a fireball, I had an orgasm.

(Insert stupid Impse comment here)

Anyway, Green Marine, Be sure to check out Alien Vendetta, Memento Mori, and Memento Mori 2. Those will likely give you plenty more orgasms. Enjoy.

Submerge said:

(Insert stupid Impse comment here)

Anyway, Green Marine, Be sure to check out Alien Vendetta, Memento Mori, and Memento Mori 2. Those will likely give you plenty more orgasms. Enjoy.

and Scythe and Vile Flesh and The Darkening II, plus No Hope For Life and so many other cool maps.....

Sweet Deal. Im in CompLab right now so I cant dowload anything, but I'll check it all out when I get back to my room. I tell ya, since back in the day I just played DooM and DooM II, all this new DooM shit I've gotten lately has really inspired me to get out Wauthor again and build. You guys kick ass.

The Green Marine said:

Feels like Im playin Quake.

Which is obviously just him looking for an excuse not to like ZDOOM...

Imp said:

oh no not another HI IM NEW post :/

/:tspowenmiihrehtonatonnoho

dr_st said:

Which is obviously just him looking for an excuse not to like ZDOOM...

Negative. The fact that its souped up DooM but still remains DooM won me over. Simply put, ZDooM is allmost as cool as sugar wafers.

BTW, whats the command line to load custom wad files?

wackynamehere is quite literally 1337, that is until he posts again :P