Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
phatbin

Doom 3: Doom 2?

As far as I know, Doom 3 is a re-telling of Doom. Now, the only game I've played is Doom 2, since, for some reason, I can't play Doom on my compuer, as it lags tremendously, and has no mouse-look as far as i can tell. I'm sure theres a MOD out there to fix that stuff, but I'm too lazy to figure it out right now. Anyway, I was just thinking it'd be a cool idea to make an expansion pack for Doom 3 that re-tells Doom 2...

for some reason, I can't play Doom on my compuer, as it lags tremendously, and has no mouse-look as far as i can tell. I'm sure theres a MOD out there to fix that stuff, but I'm too lazy to figure it out right now.

doomworld.com/ports

All the "mods" you will need to "Fix" doom's "bugs" heh heh

To get all my Doom games to work I just shoved all the WADs into my Doom95 folder. My Doom2 WAD is kind of screwed, it doesn't have level 31 and 32. My Doom WAD is fine though.

Yea I downloaded Doom 2 and got somethin' called zdoom. Are there levels after that one with the huge demon that you shoot rockets at through the little box brain thing? 'Cuz after that level the games over for me..

Those are secret maps that you can only access from a certain level (hint, it's not map30).

...moves this to the other General forum...

There is a secret exit on map15, and another secret exit in the secret map, which leads to the super secret map.

I see
I see

EDIT: And is there a way I can access certain levels in zdoom? What do i type in console?

phatbin said:

I see
I see

EDIT: And is there a way I can access certain levels in zdoom? What do i type in console?

map *mapname*

doom2 the map name is map##, so map 15 would be map15. to warp to map 15, you would type "map map15" in the console.
Doom uses e#m#, E being episode and M being the level (1 - 9)

To your command line, add "-file" followed by the wad's filename. Works in any port and the original games.

dr_st said:

IDCLEVxx while in game. Always works.

Actually, there is at least one port that manages to cock up that simple way of changing the level: EDGE. Once you've typed in IDCLEV, it brings up a dialogue where you then need to type, e.g., MAP20 and press Return. Dumb...

Add it to your command line.

If your command line to launch the game is, say,
c:\doom2\zdoom.exe
then to launch it with a pwad called hr.wad, you would use:
c:\doom2\zdoom.exe -file hr.wad
(or substitute some other port for zdoom to play it with that instead)

phatbin, are you sure you don't have the German Hack of Doom II? That got rid of the levels 31 and 32. Type "idclev31" while in gameplay (NOT in the console). If you get to a Wolfensteinesque level, your fine. Otherwise, you don't have a full version.

He might have downloaded it from here. in which case it isn't warez.

I hope so... for phatbin's soul I hope so...

Or he put something like "Doom 2 download" into google, ended up on the zdoom site, saw the big link saying "Download", went and downloaded zdoom and installed it, thinking he had managed to download the actual game

But where did he get the doom2.wad from? well little did he know it actually came with doom 95!

Grazza said:

Add it to your command line.

If your command line to launch the game is, say,
c:\doom2\zdoom.exe
then to launch it with a pwad called hr.wad, you would use:
c:\doom2\zdoom.exe -file hr.wad
(or substitute some other port for zdoom to play it with that instead)

Ok I did this and it loads level 1, DooM II. So, I thought maybe the wad replaced some other level, and it doesn't. It's supposed to replace level 1. Any ideas oh masters of Doomage? Remember, Im a highly slow and unstable person so dont laugh if Im being an idiot (which is probably the case). Good times and stuff.

What the hell, is this a normal thread? Where are the flames? Where are the insults? Why is it on topic? Someone stay this madness!

Did anyone actually answer the thread starter's question?

*gets back on topic*

Considering the fact the Doom 3 is a retelling of Doom 1 with the Doom2 monsters thrown in, why is it being named Doom 3 anyway? Naming it Doom 2004 or something similar would have made a hell (no pun intended) of alot more sense to me. Considering the fact that the game is basically a remake all in all. Dune 2000 for example was a remake of Dune 2, which wasn`t named Dune 3 since it wasn`t a sequel in any way, as should be the case with Doom 3.

icemann said:

*gets back on topic*

Considering the fact the Doom 3 is a retelling of Doom 1 with the Doom2 monsters thrown in, why is it being named Doom 3 anyway? Naming it Doom 2004 or something similar would have made a hell (no pun intended) of alot more sense to me. Considering the fact that the game is basically a remake all in all. Dune 2000 for example was a remake of Dune 2, which wasn`t named Dune 3 since it wasn`t a sequel in any way, as should be the case with Doom 3.

Thanks for your concern, I'll email 2001 and tell them you care!

icemann said:

*gets back on topic*

Because it isn't Doom 3, it's Doom³.

:-D LOL :-D