Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Lengis

Shocking post made by PlanetHalflife's Site Director

Wasn't terribly shocking to me, although it was interesting to see most of my beliefs all but confirmed.

Yeah, thats pretty much everyhting I was thinking about Valve and HL2 since they first announced it pretty much.

Danarchy said:

Yeah, thats pretty much everyhting I was thinking about Valve and HL2 since they first announced it pretty much.

Clearly it couldn't be, since at that point Steam wasn't out, CS:CZ wasn't even "gold", and nobody expected the 9/30 date to be anything but gospel.

Although I had stopped liking Valve ages ago, because they just couldn't (more likely, wouldn't) fix a whole series of rather serious bugs in HL1, and seemed quite comfortable in resting on their laurels with HL1 (remember, over 20 product SKUs based on HL alone) and buying out community mod teams.

Arioch said:

Clearly it couldn't be, since at that point Steam wasn't out, CS:CZ wasn't even "gold", and nobody expected the 9/30 date to be anything but gospel.

Well what I should have said was that I was on the negative side of everything the whole time. Some of it was out of spite, but some stuff (like how the leak was of a game that was hardly even in it's beta stages) made it pretty obvious they were being fuck-ups.

Anyway, this is the best part of that whole post:

"I'll never forget that thread where somebody compared me to Hitler for saying that Half-Life 2 would be delayed last year."

Heh, some people.