Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DiablO2

Is there a way I can download the HL updated grafix, without buying BLUE-SHIFT?

I really want to download the graphics pack for HALF-LIFE, but I don't want to buy BLUE SHIFT at all, is it possible to do this?

um, just buy HL; only real hardcore people got BS from what I know. The original graphics are under Valve's ownership.

I already OWN half=life, what I mean is BLUE-SHIFT supposedly came with an graphics enhancment for BLUE-SHIFT, HALF-LIFE, and OPPOSING FORCE.

No, you cannot get it without buying Blue Shift.

Supposedly Valve is going to make Blue Shift and the hi-def model pack available over Steam, but they have yet to do so.

Grimm said:

Meh, Blue-Shift was mediocre.

now that's an understatement

DiablO2 said:
I already OWN half=life, what I mean is BLUE-SHIFT supposedly came with an graphics enhancment for BLUE-SHIFT, HALF-LIFE, and OPPOSING FORCE.

it's like $10, Just buy it you tight fisted mong tank.

Grimm said:

Meh, Blue-Shift was mediocre. At least it came with Opposing Force.

It didn't when I purchased it - I bought Blue Shift only for OpFor, but all I got was that shitty blue add-on. Cheaters.

Grimm said:

Meh, Blue-Shift was mediocre. At least it came with Opposing Force.

IMO Blue-Shift kicked OpFor's ass completely. I think it was even better than the original HL (not as a stand-alone of course). Both HL and OpFor sported incredibly lame endbosses. Blue-Shift was more puzzle oriented.

Yep, cause puzzles are what I want in an FPS. Opposing Force's end boss certainly did suck though.

Ct_red_pants said:

it's like $10, Just buy it you tight fisted mong tank.

I don't have any "dollars" I dont use "dollars" I use Yen. I dont even know how to work "dollars"

DiablO2 said:

I don't have any "dollars" I dont use "dollars" I use Yen. I dont even know how to work "dollars"

It's about 8,621 yen here. Since you're in Japan, you should know someone to help you translate it.

Unfortunately, that's about $80, but it seems that almost everything's more expensive in Japan.

DJ_Haruko said:
Unfortunately, that's about $80, but it seems that almost everything's more expensive in Japan.

yes, but statistically everyone is richer in Japan. :P

Shaviro said:

IMO Blue-Shift kicked OpFor's ass completely. I think it was even better than the original HL (not as a stand-alone of course). Both HL and OpFor sported incredibly lame endbosses. Blue-Shift was more puzzle oriented.

I hate puzzles - I play FPSs for the action and the action alone.

The reason I wanted OpFor so badly was because you play as a marine (there's something really cool about hearing those heavy army boots against the floor), and it had some really cool weapons. Oh yeah, and some of the levels seemed to be cool.

I still think OpFor is the coolest "version" of the Half Life story, even though it's got more dumbass AI friendlies than the other two games, but in the end, it had about as much replayability value as Half Life itself which was nada - I gave it, along with Half Life and Blue Shift, to my younger brother and I think he later sold 'em to a friend.

Puzzle-heavy FPSs - what is the world coming to?

Grimm said:

Yep, cause puzzles are what I want in an FPS.

Wait a second, I like Hexen . . . I'm gonna shut up now

dsm said:

Puzzle-heavy FPSs - what is the world coming to?

It's not new. Dark Forces stands as one of the best FPS' ever and it was loaded with puzzles. Same goes for Jedi Knight and add-on MotS. I find action a lot more fun when it's not the only feature of the game.
Less action, more interaction!

Shaviro said:

It's not new. Dark Forces stands as one of the best FPS' ever and it was loaded with puzzles. Same goes for Jedi Knight and add-on MotS. I find action a lot more fun when it's not the only feature of the game.
Less action, more interaction!

Doesn't change the fact that I don't like puzzles. And since you took my "what is the world coming to?" comment so seriously, you're free to disregard it.

I liked OpFor's final boss. It was old-school, with all the pattern based attacks and stuff. Reminded me of Shinobi. And the concept for the add-on itself was a success, I think.

The models are ok but they replaced the mp5 with an m16 :(. Blue shift was a complete waste of money for what you got.

I really like the whole idea behind BS and Op4 though, how they all intermix and stuff. Blue-Shift wasn't that bad in some places, but it was too short.

BBG said:

I really like the whole idea behind BS and Op4 though, how they all intermix and stuff. Blue-Shift wasn't that bad in some places, but it was too short.

Sentiments echoed.

opposing force was really bad. once I beat the game and saw the ending, I was like "Then what was the whole f**king point of shooting through all those aliens!" Total waste of time.

What the PS2 co-op mode, Half-Life: Decay? That intermixed with the storylines even more - f.ex the scientist who's hiding in a train in Blueshift is in Decay, and he gets you to power up the generator for the test chamber and send up the crystal sample for Freeman. You also get to play through a heavily damaged version of the training level from the original HL.

I'm not sure if there are any direct links to Opposing Force in Decay, but then I haven't completed it yet ;).