Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OGDoomer

How to install ports (im a newbie)

Topic explains itself. And is there any port that i kind play all wads? I try to play the latest wads and it wont let me. I have the collectors addition and windows xp. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

No, there is no source port that would play any wad. Cause some is made for legacy, zdoom, etc...
So you have to check the text file to see which source port it is made for. If it says it is for doom2.exe/vanila or any limit removing source port, then you should be able to use it with any source port you want.

Well, first you install the sourceport in a new folder. Then you take doom.wad, doom2.wad, tnt.wad and plutonia.wad from your doom95 folder(doom collector edition folder), and move them to the new folder you created.

Go there ^ and click zdoom 2.0.x, then click on 63.cab (newest version right now), then make a folder for doom on your drive. Go into your collector's edition folders and find the doom.wad, doom2.wad, plutonia.wad and tnt.wad, take all those and put them into your doom directory. Then unzip 63.cab into your doom directory.

Then double click on zdoom and it will ask what game you want to play. Pick one and go.

To play a user made wad, drag and drop the wad onto zdoom, and then the box will pop up asking which game the wad is for. Pick the right one and there you go. If the wad comes with a .deh file, drag and drop the wad AND the deh onto zdoom at the same time.

Should be the same thing for any other port.