Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Tormentor667

New ideas of the "/idgames" system

After browsing through the idgames archiv, I had a few interesting ideas, Doomworld could implement:

- A list of Top10/100 of the most voted maps
- A list of Top10/100 of the best voted maps (average)
- Possibility of "adding screenshots" to every entry of the idgames archiv (maybe always those from the "newstuff gallery")

What do you think? Any other ideas?

Another thing that could be done is that when an existing wad is updated, the text file that appears in the box gets updated too. (as currently that doesn't happen)

Maybe a better explaination on how ratings and downloads work on it so we don't get those people who write stuff like "how do I download this" in the review field or treat it as if it were a message board. Don't know if that would help much though since those people probably don't bother to look at the page very closely.

And I second the search by votes and top 10 / top 100 ideas.

Tormentor667 said:

Unfortunately it looks like nobody feels responsible for this...

Yeah too bad I haven't felt like adding more features in my spare time to suit your every whim

It's quite opportune as it is.

The voting system is okay and it can be useful, but not to be taken too seriously. I mean, look at the polls we have here; fun, but silly.

Another good feature could be is if a wad is on like 0/5 after 5 votes it gets deleted from the archives.

Doomworld isn't associated with the archive so there's no way you can get votes here to affect anything there.

That (i.e. "the archive is not part of Doomworld...") needs to be made into a tag.

Ling: If you do plan to spend more time on the interface, I think more powerful search functions (wildcards, search for multiple words) would be a good addition. But it's very useful as it is, and normally I can find what I'm looking for very quickly using the tools that are currently available.

Lutrov71 said:

Another good feature could be is if a wad is on like 0/5 after 5 votes it gets deleted from the archives.

That could be done maliciously and anyway, it's meant to be a wad library, not a contest

One thing that really annoys me: why is it when I select Author from the drop-down box, and put in, say Paul Corfiatis, or Pablo Diccter, and hit Enter, it shows 0 results?

DooMBoy said:

One thing that really annoys me: why is it when I select Author from the drop-down box, and put in, say Paul Corfiatis, or Pablo Diccter, and hit Enter, it shows 0 results?

search the whole file (the last option)

DooMBoy said:

Because you spelled "Dictter" wrong.

Just a wild thought, would be cool to have a function to randomly find a WAD that never been rated... would be cool to test a new wad and also to get rankings for almost everything :)