Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cyb

65537 Segs

Over at the ZDoom page you can grab the latest and greatest version of ZDBSP which is now capable of writing a new nodes format to a wad file. Not only will it allow you to make very large maps, but the nodes are also compressed, saving you space, if you happen to make huge maps for ZDoom (or you just want to make a huge map). And also, here's a xenomorph. Enjoy!

fp! Props to all logged in trolls! Heh XenoMorph (I have a habit of popping up when someone posts a new news topic)

One of Map02's (hub1) earlier problems was that the nodesbuilder fucked it up completely. This is great news...if not a little late for that! :P

Is it just me, or does that Xenomorph appear to be made completely out of compressed dog feces?

There is also this bit of information about the new ZDBSP:

Randy said:

I also forgot to mention another benefit of the new node format: Vertices that result from seg splits are stored using full precision, so you shouldn't get any slime trails when using it.

Laguna said:

Is it just me, or does that Xenomorph appear to be made completely out of compressed dog feces?

Well it does have a shitty expression on its face.

Randy said:

I also forgot to mention another benefit of the new node format: Vertices that result from seg splits are stored using full precision, so you shouldn't get any slime trails when using it.

Yay! I've come to hate those little basrads almost as much as HOM and VPO :).

NiGHTMARE said:

Yay! I've come to hate those little basrads almost as much as HOM and VPO :).

GL nodes overcome this limit as well so with every port supporting those (that includes PrBoom's software renderer!) something could have been done before.

Could someone explain the whole slime trail thing to me or point to a good tutorial. I really hate those and I can't understand how the new version should decrease the amount of slime trails, nor what should I do to get rid of those :(

DooMer 4ever said:

Could someone explain the whole slime trail thing to me or point to a good tutorial. I really hate those and I can't understand how the new version should decrease the amount of slime trails, nor what should I do to get rid of those :(

Basically, the BSP builder divides up all the walls into "segs" (segments). These are pieces of walls. If your BSP builder isnt very good, it can make segs next to each other not be properly connected (ie. one ends at one point, the next should start at the same point but is actually slightly off). The result is that you get the floor/ceiling bleeding up through the gap, just like when you stand outside the level and the floor bleeds towards you because theres no wall in the wall in the way to stop it.

I think thats what causes it, anyway.