Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Disorder

Fear Factory - Archetype

I just listened to FF's new album and I really like it so far. Seems like they made progress again. Anyone else heard it?

Haven't been out of the house since Sunday. Hopefully, I'll be able to get it soon... but I really shouldn't be spending money like I have been.

I downloaded it for a friend and gave it a listen before passing it on. I don't think they had enough total material to extend it past 3 songs, but the ambient outro was decent.

Lüt said:

I don't think they had enough total material to extend it past 3 songs, but the ambient outro was decent.

I don't get this part.

I was talking about the general redundancy of the majority of the music on the album, saying that if you were to take the most original and unique parts of it, you'd maybe have enough material for 3 good songs.

I thought the didn't exist as a band anymore...
Well good to hear they are back. Not exactly my kind of band but I liked (and bought) their obsolete album.

Oddly enough, on their webpage they offer information regarding their online gaming clan.

[FEAR FACTORY]L0rd D35tr05 kills [STFU]n00b with Rocket Launcher
[FEAR FACTORY]L0rd D35tr05: OMG NOOB U CANT COMPEET W/MY 1337 BAND-SPONX0R3D SKILZ!!!!(shift+1)

time to get their new songs off Kazaa Lite. Yeah, I'm a cheapskate sometimes.

Is the new album worth it? I kinda like FF's industrialesque metal.

I'm not supporting RIAA or RIAA sponsered companies until the CD prices drop.

Its an excellent return to FF's agressive form. I highly recommend it for fans of FF although it isn't quite consistently good as Demanufacture or Obsolete. The more melodic tracks ("Drones", "Archetype", "Bite The Hand That Bleeds") are quite good as well.

Numbermind said:

Oddly enough, on their webpage they offer information regarding their online gaming clan.

Heh, I'd like to see a deathmatch betweem them and the Velvet Acid Christ clan. Pure hilarity.

I got the Digipak version. The DVD that comes with it sucks. It's poorly produced (it stopped after the first chapter for me so I had to play it again and skip forward a chapter, and the chapter points seem to have absolutely no relevance to what you'd expect a chapter point to be); and on a personal note I had to freeze frame through it just to catch a frame or two that had the back of a workmate's shirt and a face shot of another workmate (nope, I didn't make it on to there).

The album sounds like it's trying to be Demanufacture. Some of the songs on the album are good, others are skippable. The album starts off good but then drifts off towards the end. Christian was right when he said that the album art would be pretty good though.