• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
deep

DeePsea 11.9 with in game texture alignment + GL + Legacy

DeePsea 11.9 has:

1. New 3D INGAME texture alignment using RISEN3D
2. LEGACY graphic format support
3. Automatic DeePBSP GL support for all the GL ports out there.

many more detail changes and enhancements.

sbsoftware.com

BlackFish said:

OMG RIPOFF

I'm still using doombuilder.

Ripoff, Ripoff. OMG

BlackFish said:

OMG RIPOFF

Yeah, because every program except DeePsea contains all original features.

BlackFish said:

OMG RIPOFF

I'm still using doombuilder.

Well, in that case, DoomBuilder's 3D mode is a rip-off of the BUILD engine's 3d mode. :P

EDIT: Legacy has a new graphic format?

I still don't see why anyone would actually pay for this over anything else. If you want people to use it, make it free. There's enough free alternatives out there no one would ever have to pay for this.

Edit: Rofl, 3dmode isn't even built in? You have to download the port? Lame. Also lame that you set the requirements at 128mb minimum 256mb recommended. A number of people who still play doom don't have a computer like that.

Wow, I can barely even use this editor. And now I have to download some other thing just to look at 3dmode!?

edit: and now I cant even figure out how to "align" the textures.

Mancubus II said:

I still don't see why anyone would actually pay for this over anything else. If you want people to use it, make it free. There's enough free alternatives out there no one would ever have to pay for this.

Indeed. Paying to make maps for Doom is a waste of money.

Most games come with free map editors. For example, QERadiant is a really advanced map editor which can edit Half-Life, Quake 3, RtCW, etc., and guess what! It's free. Other games, like Unreal, come with editors right on the CD's as well. Also, if I remember correctly, Doom 3's map editor will ship with the game.

DeepSea is useful to me. I don't edit with it though.
I like to pay for the utilities that I find useful.
DeepSea does some things faster and easier than any other utility; that's why I use it.

BlackFish said:

Wow, I can barely even use this editor. And now I have to download some other thing just to look at 3dmode!?

edit: and now I cant even figure out how to "align" the textures.

That's pretty funny, considering that drawing in DeePsea is essentially the same as DB, just a bit more flexible since you can draw across lines, plus it gives visual cues if on top of a line or vertex:) Plus you have a large variety of dynamic prefab stuff and a whole boatload of "wishlist" stuff I've seen posted here for DB. So yeah, I suppose it's "barely use"able. lol.

Where exactly do you think the W command came from?

And where do you think Ctrl+d came from?

And the curve tool?

I could go on ... but you get the idea .. a word you used comes to mind:)

Mmmm.. you do have to actually read something eh? Try the help file for example. There really is one - new Windows format, extremely easy to use, plus it's context sensitive. And you do have to copy the RISEN3D.CFG file supplied and copy it to the RISEN3D directory.

Remember, this stuff is only the beginning and all new improvements will automatically be free on the R3D side.

But you see guys, the rants are missing the whole point of using RISEN3D. Try it and see why having a REAL engine makes the texture editing experience a whole different ball game. Real skies, real DOORS, you see everything as a BOOM engine would display it - even the weird tricks - for example, BLUDWRKS. Try running that PWAD in any other GL port and see what happens!

Btw, I did the Walkthrough a long time ago, but rather than put textures stuff in there, I really wanted the level to look like it should, plus optionally display THINGS in the level according to skill level. R3D does all that and more. Plus it rocks on large (>10k linedefs) levels in speed. It's a totally new experience compared to anything else out there. Not to mention that you now have fast automatic GL node generation as a bonus.
----------------

LEGACY has a graphic format that is basically a raw image, but it has a width and height field in front of the image. Used for things like CONSBACK and some other stuff. Browse the legacy.wad to see how they use it there (IIRC 16x16 stuff).

All in all, including the tools, a pretty big step up from 11.83 and esp 11.76.

I agree Deep, DeePSea played a big role in the development of Doom Builder, primarily in that there wouldn't have been a need for DB in the first place if DeePSea had menus designed in a sane matter, powerful and more flexible building techniques, less bugs, a full 3D mode that rebuilt nodes on the fly, customizable controls, didn't contain so much completely irrelevant nonsense, and was free and open source. I applaud you on designing software so crappy it motivated someone else to make something better.

Truly you have done much for the community and so I must heartily thank you. Well done, Deep.

sargebaldy said:

I applaud you on designing software so crappy it motivated someone else to make something better.

Truly you have done much for the community and so I must applaud you. Well done, Deep.

rofl.

I don't know why you people need a 3d - in game viewer just to align the textures. Use a caculator ffs.

Btw, Risen 3d owns everyone.

AgentSpork said:

Indeed. Paying to make maps for Doom is a waste of money.

I'll pay for anything, even for a doom editor. 20 bucks is nothing. Dunno why people are making such a big fuss..
meh :P

Deathman said:

I don't know why you people need a 3d - in game viewer just to align the textures. Use a caculator ffs.

For create texture alignment, not just your standard make-textures-look-not-fucked-up.

Deathman said:

I'll pay for anything, even for a doom editor. 20 bucks is nothing.

Feel free to send me 20 bucks. Shouldn't be a problem for you since it's nothing.

Been there, done that and don't want to use a cac anymore. :p

I don't really need in-game texture alignment. Connected walls can be aligned by pressing 'x' and I can calculate individual offsets where necessary in my head easy enough. And firing up ZDoom to check doesn't take longer time than opening the 3D viewer.

I agree that for experienced level designers, the majority of alignment stuff (and in fact most other aspects) 3D mode is not that useful and in fact slower vs 2D editing. And that's why I was not that motivated in the 1st place:)

However, it is useful to make those odd Y offsets fixes as you wander the level faster than doing it in 2D mode. Plus it gives you an idea of how it looks and all that as a final overview. The THING placement is extremely useful, although you can do that too with DeePsea using the reject option for any port.

And you can now see the difference in GL rendering of ZDOOM hires textures vs GL in R3D. The XTHEATERIIIRISEN3D version should make it clear that GL rendering is far superior - of course only if you really care about graphic looks and I know that some of you are fixelated:)

[and the rest, typical stuff not worth going over - you can't change dumbness:) ]

It's really a trip here, this as been an continuous slamming of editors since the dawn of time. I continue to use Deepsea and I continue to upgrade because each version of it gets better. I looked at Doombuilder and it's a good editor, but Deepsea gets my vote and for me personally the interface is very easy to use. It's an all in one editor that accomplishes everything I need. More power to Doombuilder and to all the hard work that is going into it. I'm not going to slam Doombuilder for certain things I don't like because overall it's a great editor and I even have it on my computer, it's fun to use. My main editing comes from Deepsea and it will continue to do so. Keep it going Doombuilder, looks good.

I'm not as technical as some of you, I'm just an old mapper, but Deepsea gives me what I need and it's very easy for me to use.

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

Oh God! Not a deepsea bashing craze again.

Some facts:

• Deep is still putting effort in deepsea and adding new functionalities.
  • Deep is also helping Randy on ZDoom, suggesting improvements and fixes.
  • What editor a mapper feels comfortable with is a matter of taste.
  • Whether deepsea is payable or free is up to deep.
  • Whether updates and/or bug fixes are payable or free is also up to him.
  • Whether one buys a software or not is up to said one.
Keep all of these facts in mind and play nice. Bashing a forum user is not a cool attitude in my book.

Developers that still write software to support the Doom Community = Cool.

Whether you agree with being charged a small fee or not is up to you, but bashing Deep in a forum thread? It's like the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded.

Most of you guys must still live in your parents' basement or something.

Sure, DB is free, but I still threw money at it via the Donate! Paypal thing. I've donated to Doomsday. I get a TON of enjoyment out of these games.

Look at what the Flight Sim market is like. What's wrong with charging for work? If it's worth the $40 or whatever, then fine.

How many of you losers play MMORPGs and pay upwards of $15/month? Why aren't you complaining about that?

If you don't want it, don't buy it.
Grow up and sprout some nuts though, kids.

sargebaldy said:

I applaud you on designing software so crappy it motivated someone else to make something better.

hahahahaha. Sarge, you are truely the king of kings.

Who cares which one ripped off from which? The question is: which one do you like better?

...continues using DCK...

If my computer would allow me to roll back to and use Deu2, I would. Deu2 + Zennode = God.