Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
oscillik

DOOM3 CD Format

Since there's not much info on this I thought I'd post a thread about it.

Will the DOOM3 CD(s) be a multimode disc that contains the PC version AND the Mac version (like Quake III Gold did)?

I really could do with a definitive answer on this, because I would like to pre-order, but nowhere has a Mac only version. I don't want to be pre-ordering the PC version under the assumption that it's a multimode disc, only to find out I've wasted money.

Thanks people :)

email to Activision UK:

Hi,

I understand that we are quite far away from a release date for DOOM3 by id Software, but I have a question to do with pre-ordering.

I have a Mac, and I would like to pre-order DOOM3, but everywhere I've looked only has the PC version available to pre-order.

I am emailing to ask you if DOOM3 will have the Macintosh version on the same discs as the PC version, like "Quake III: Gold" did (product code 5030917016998)?

I really don't want to miss the rush that will ensue when this game finally gets released, I don't want to have to wait 4 months after the release date before I can play the game I've waited to play for years!

I would really appreciate it if you could help me out with a conclusive answer. I have supported id Software games for many years, purchasing DOOM in particular more than 5 times (I've bought for multiple platforms too) and I am an avid id Software fan.

Thank you for your time.

Yours sincerely

<name blanked for anonymity)

lets hope they'll be kind enough to let me know!
as soon as I know anything, I'll let you guys know

Well I got a reply, and here is what those "nice" guys at Activision said to me:

Further to your correspondence of 27 April 2004

This is a technical support service only and we have no pre-release information regarding any Activision titles.

Please visit the Activision web site. This is where details of all our forthcoming releases are first posted.

Your customer number is 300326989

If you need further assistance in Europe, please call our technical support staff at
0870 241 2148 or contact us by e-mail at support@activision.co.uk . Also be sure to include all previous replies when/if responding to this message.

Best Regards,
James at Activision Technical Support

Strange, considering that the possibility of a multi-mode disc is actually a TECHNICAL ENQUIRY?!

Well, it's their loss......if they had confirmed that DOOM3 has the Mac & PC version on the same disc(s) then I would have pre-ordered, but now they're not going to accrue any interest from any of my hard earned money.

I guess I'll just have to keep a sharp eye out for info

:(

Man that sucks. Anyway Im sure there will be sufficient copies in stores once the game is release due to the fact that its DOOM! and you'll be able to find out if the CD comes with the MAC version.