Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TH-555

another .PLAN update!

there is another update out, duffy is looking for a tools programmer. now if only someone could inform my n00bish self as to what it means for doom3..... editing kit perhaps?

Wasn't the update posted a month or so ago?

Anyway - Doom³ will ship with the editor and all tools required to create custom game content.

I assume they're in the finalizing stages and need to add all the nice and easy user interface buttons the inhouse artists don't need in their production pipeline.

Furthermore I'd also like to assume they need to translate their various plugins and exporter scripts to publicly available demo / learning edition versions of the well known 3D packages, especially LightWave, MAYA and MAX.

Yes but problem is they will not get new programmer in 1 day it could take 1 month or more then 1 month so he get used to work place then a few months working on program and we get doom3 at end of year.

Have to correct myself - the plan update is new, I've been mistaken it with something else.

Ahiles:
How comes everytime anything id software related get's posted everyone assumes it'll either speed up or delay the release of Doom3 ?

No pun intended - just asking.

Surely, any proof that id software is still alive suggests that Doom 3 will come out, eventually. Now if don't hear form them for a year or two and there wasa nuclear disaster in Texas, we have valid reason to be less optimistic.

Look at this quote “design of tools for DOOM 3 tech as well as future tech"

They told us main exe would have all what we need to edit doom3 (some kind of sdk). So if they need programmer for "DOOM 3 tech + as well as future tech" what is your conclusion. My is they still working on doom3 as doom3 tech on which they are working now is still only doom3.

Only other explanation would be they don’t intend to relies game whit sdk and they will add patch later when is finished.

Well, it my guess that they aren't looking for somebody to work on DOOM 3, the game. DOOM 3 tech will be around for quite some time, I would imagine.

Besides, Carmack has mentioned twice now that it's "really close" and another time that "development for DOOM 3 is coming to a close" or something very close to that.

I think the game will be released in the next couple of months and that the tools and stuff have little to do with the game itself.

Maybe they plan to release additional tools after the game is out. The level editor will be in the exe, but maybe they're working on normal mapping tools and such, like an easy to use GUI version of Orb or something.

i doubt the new programmer will be working on doom 3, but on doom 3 technology.

"Adding manpower to a late software project makes it later."

it said tools for doom3 AND future tech, not the future of doom3 tech. in a nutshell, actually working on something that will be in the game. like a patch or something or another.