Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lengis

Sega releasing a new console?!

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/04/30/news_6095043.html

Just a rumor so far, but this statement released by Sega has caused a lot of speculation,

"Learn about SEGA's 2004 line-up and hear BIG news you'd NEVER guess," read the invite, which promised "explosive news--something even YOU won't be able to guess!"

Hmm, very interesting..... Guess we will find out at E3.

I think this would be like the third time they said they'd never make a console again and yet do.

Heh, if they do what makes them think it won't crash and burn like the Dreamcast

the megadrive was the best thing ever (ok so it didnt have FF or doom), but that was 1991, this is now!

Epyo said:

I'm guessing not a console, but something else cool.

Like a handheld that plays sega genesis games? That'd be cool. Or maybe Sega Saturn games too...ah the times of playing NiGHTS.

Melfice said:

Like a handheld that plays sega genesis games? That'd be cool. Or maybe Sega Saturn games too...ah the times of playing NiGHTS.

The handheld that plays Genesis games is called a Nomad and I have one. If Sega does make another console I will be the first in line to buy one.

Let's just wait and see...who knows, maybe they're finally bringing the Sega Ages collections to the US.

I'd pray for either the ability to play DC games on a modern system, a remake of Ranger-X, or a new system.

Or that the president died and left the company to me.

I'm not that interested in the Sega-related part of the article. What really piqued my interest was the section talking about a Splatterhouse remake for Playstation 2! :D

Use3D said:

The handheld that plays Genesis games is called a Nomad and I have one. If Sega does make another console I will be the first in line to buy one.

Ah, yeah, the Nomad. That thing was almost as big as a brick.. but hey! At least it wasn't as ugly looking and crappy as the original GameBoy.

The gameboy was more efficient though. The Nomad lasted 3 hours on 6 AA batteries @_@

BlackFish said:

I thought Xbox was the dreamcast sequel. LOOK AT THE CONTROLLER! Looks awfully familiar to the dreamcast. :P

Uh, no it doesnt

AgentSpork said:

Ah, yeah, the Nomad. That thing was almost as big as a brick.. but hey! At least it wasn't as ugly looking and crappy as the original GameBoy.

Yea man, good thing it only ate a bunch of D batteries in 10 minutes flat. Am I right or am I right?

Being an insider, I know what they're going to do...

They have bought out the Source Engine and Valve has cancelled all future pending work on Half-Life 2. Sorry.

Instead, it will be Sonic with Bumpmapping, Specular Highlights, and Highly-realistic physics.

You wondered why Valve was beating around the bush?

Trasher][ said:
They're probably gonna be completely brought out by Sammy.

if you read the article, it says they were. the Sega prez is the prez of Sammy

BlackFish said:

I thought Xbox was the dreamcast sequel. LOOK AT THE CONTROLLER! Looks awfully familiar to the dreamcast. :P

The XBOX controller was, I think, based off of the SideWinder GamePad

At least that horrible original US controller was anyway.

AgentSpork said:

At least that horrible original US controller was anyway.

Am I the only one who prefers the original US controller? Then again, I'm also probably the only one who likes the Jaguar controllers.