Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Laguna

Fucking Dual Channel Memory!

Here's my problem:

I have almost EVERYTHING I NEED for my new PC (Nvidia GeForce FX 5950 Ultra, motherboard, power supply, HD, etc...), BUT, my motherboard is an ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe, which takes TwinBank DDR Dual Channel memory modules. The problem is, I can't seem to differentiate between Dual Channel and Single Channel memory modules, although some blatantly say so.

I have entertained the notion that the 1/2 gigabyte kits sold all over the internet would be for "dual channel support," since they are two modules which are comprised of 1 gig or 512 meg modules. However, I cannot use standard, single channel memory in pairs to populate a bank or else I get a memory sizing error and it all goes downhill, when using standard, single-channel memory modules to populate one bank. Can anyone point me to a DECENT dual-channel 1 gig kit for DDR400 (PC3200) that is UNDER $300? I'll give anyone who can help me with this a big kiss and 7 years of the best sex ever!

Ack! Friggin cached pages, no one had replied, so I posted a reply with basically what bloodshedder said, only he bet me by a few hours

With the a7n8x, make sure you get cas 2 memory and not cas 2.5, I've heard these work better. As for the memory itself, I use twin Corsair XMS with nice results.

Oh, crap... The modules were different depths. I see now.

Obviously, my knowledge on this "dual channel" business is limited. :/