Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Darkhaven4

Eternal Pain : Damnation

I'm starting a new project...

Eternal Pain : Damnation, like the title says. There will be a website with screenshots up soon, so don't worry much about that.
I AM seeking help this time, so this thread is obviously bound to the newproject tag. It's kinda like Scuba's Action Doom... Except
it's, well, not Action Doom. It'll be one of those more Painkiller-ish mods, what with the hell-on-crack theme and super dark and scary
maps that will be introduced. It's going to have Painkiller MP3's...
Watch out. Heh.

By the way, if it gets popular enough or I get enough support, I might make it into a 64-map iWad. Like I said, if I get enough
support and popularity with this project.
Kinda like an
Eternal Pain and Eternal Pain Gold thingie going on.

Oh God... Listen, I know it's been overdone to death, but...

DarkHaven4, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

Believe me, this one's really earned it. Must you announce a new project which you won't ever even come close to finishing every other day? How about making a map? Can you do that? Try something simple, for the love of God. Try making two maps. That would be even better. You can't just keep going around saying you're planning to make all these 18-billion-map replacements and such, and then never have anything to show for it.

Oh, P.S. LEAVE ACTION DOOM OUT OF THIS!!! YOU BLASPHEME ITS GOOD NAME!!!

Why do you keep hitting Enter every other word?
As for your project, good luck.

Darkhaven4 said:

I'm starting a new project...

E It'll be one of those more Painkiller-ish mods, what with the hell-on-crack theme and super dark and scary
maps that will be introduced. It's going to have Painkiller MP3's...
Watch out. Heh.

Darkhaven4 said in the Doomkiller thread
OMG, I smell someone whoring entirely off of Painkiller. I own the full game; Really cool music, really cool theme, really good idea. Except for the map name ripoffs. You even separated the chapters exactly like painkiller...

So wait... you don't want me making a painkiller style level pack because you're doing one? wtf. I think your title explains this.

oh and [newproject]

OMG JOKE GET OVAR IT PEPPL

(thinks addon for dSTRIFE)

I intentionally poked this around, to see what people would think before they found out it was an addon for dSTRIFE.

I intentionally poked this around, to see what people would think before they found out it was an addon for dSTRIFE.

dSTRIFE being my "sourceport" for Strife under EDGE.
No 64 maps, just a 4 or 5 wad episode first.

It's not exactly done yet; 9 enemies are done, from both observation and a little bit from actually decompiling the EXE. 3 weapons there.

Im' going to
make a mod that
is all of the world
made into a doom
map with a 40,000
types of zombie
to show that hell has
taken over
all the people on
earth
and also some new
hell monsters too

deathbringer said:

Im' going to
make a mod that
is all of the world
made into a doom
map with a 40,000
types of zombie
to show that hell has
taken over
all the people on
earth
and also some new
hell monsters too

Now, what in the hell is that supposed to mean? I mean, sure, I can understand the part about the unfinishable project, but what the fuck
do you think you're trying to prove by mocking me by pressing enter after every other word? I don't fucking do that, and you damn well
know I don't.

Fuck that fudge, bitch.

You've been here long enough to know that you wont get any good responses if you have nothing to show. You say that you have screenshots? Well, put them up somewhere before making a thread about it. There doesnt need to be some elaborate web site for the project. Just upload your screenies to any old web space so people can see that something has been accomplished so far.

Also, you should not that if you're using music directly from painkiller you will not be able to upload your project to the archives.

So yeah, get some screeshots up somewhere or this thread wont progress very well.

assmaster: you have two avatars. woah.

anyway, i don't agree with the constant mocking of people in these forums, it always makes me think of fat slobs in front of their computer thinking they're cool because they can finally belittle someone else, or nerds or something.... anyway, this is most of the time not true but it annoys me nonetheless. What I mean is there's no need for it. However, there's no need to get angry either, because the people insulting you are pretty much making it worse for themselves(trying to notice all your mistakes etc., better things to do with their time maybe?).

But assmaster's post was a little more constructive, and yes, you should put up screenshots, and from what I've just discovered you've been starting up a lot of new projects. SO....

MY ADVICE IS TO STICK WITH ONE THING, FIND SOMETHING YOU REALLY WANT TO DO.

And then, post some screenshots too.