Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been looking all over the world for this and now found it on the sourceport section. It's WDMP. Windows Doom Multiplayer. Wow!! Wish I found this back in the old days when we couldn't afford networks, or internet, or didn't even know about networks and internet.

I downloaded the source and was wondering whether anyone managed to get WDMP-0.9 fully compiled? Without Visual C. or Watcom. Help. Please HELP!

It's old, abandoned and completely unsupported as it seems. Good luck compiling this but I doubt you'll find much help with such an obscure source port.

Draconio said:

Is there a particular reason you want to use that instead of ZDaemon or Skull Tag?

Nah, those are normal in-game joining, server/client dooms. What I was looking for was Doom multiplayer single-client - basically multiple split-screen support, etc.

I managed to get it compiled on VC5 that I found. But it's heavily windows based only. Gonna port it to SDL...

Heh, I remembered the only time my computer was infected with a virus. I downloaded WDMP. Extracted it. Ran it. Next day was 26th. Hello, Chernobyl :)

Maybe that was a not-so-harmful version of the virus, but it didn't delete all the files like it did to many other people. It also managed to kill motherboards somehow. Mine was very old, non-flashable, so - no harm :)

Of course, after a few days the file was cured so you shouldn't be scared of downloading it now, but be warned.

Draconio said:

Is there a particular reason you want to use that instead of ZDaemon or Skull Tag?

What's the difference between ZDaemon, Skull Tag and all other doom ports?

Zdaemon and Skulltag have decent netcode is what. Although both Jdoom and Legacy are apparently due for overhauls soon.

other than for learning code i dont see why you would concern yourself with that port. if u are interested it codeing i would say there are better places to start from.

on a side note about viruses.

a fairly comic one is penis.32

what it does
nothing harmfull, unless you are offened by penisies.
it replaces all icons with a cartoonish penis that looks like it was made in MSpaint. it also makes the background tiled with the icon. all sounds will be a crazy sounding woman saying "penis" i think a new version was made for XP that made the start button say PenisXP.
i dont remember if this was an email worm or a file downlaoded in kazaa. however my cousin had it. removale was easy. showed up in the add/remove programs. however if u didnt unistall it would seem to go away but would reappear in a month

kevingpo said:
Wish I found this back in the old days when we couldn't afford networks, or internet, or didn't even know about networks and internet.

That was before the Doom source code was released or at most thereabouts... and to be strict, even before DOOM was released. So, no wonder you didn't find it back then. Not to mention DOOM always had dial-up modem connectivity as well.

BlackFish said:

Legacy has splitscreen.

As does Doom 3D, a GL sourceport which has four player support like WDMP did. However, it's not finished and there's plenty of bugs. Plus, trying to get controls sorted for four players is a total bastard.