Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Deathmatcher

Did anyone notice...

that id is not only returning to a ten year old game scenario with Doom3?

In fact, they will return to something fairly older: Doom3 will be the first id game to actually take place on Mars since "Keen1: Marooned on Mars". This one turns 14 this year! What are 10 years of waiting for the return of the doom scenario, compared to 14 years of waiting for the return of Mars!

Ever thought about it?

Deathmatcher said:

Ever thought about it?

No

best topic ever! I expect a long and stimulating discussion.

Ricki said:
gatewatcher said:

Don't. Smoke. Crack.

what he said

what he said before what he said

I think it's too insignificant an aspect to go "holy shit, Id is returning to its Commander Keen roots!"

There are lots of games out there that involve Mars or even take place on it I'm sure.

Did you notice that in the original Doom, the UAC main base was located on Mars?

dsm said:

I think it's too insignificant an aspect to go "holy shit, Id is returning to its Commander Keen roots!"

All I wanted was to brighten up the mood a bit. This endless waiting for Doom3 makes us all crazy, doesn't it?

dsm said:

There are lots of games out there that involve Mars or even take place on it I'm sure.

Well, but Keen1 and Doom3 are the ONLY id games that take place there.

dsm said:

Did you notice that in the original Doom, the UAC main base was located on Mars?

Excuse me, but acording to my humble knowledge, this is simply wrong: Doom1 took place on the moons of mars: phobos and deimos. (and some otherworldly place for the 3rd episode)

Deathmatcher said:

Excuse me, but acording to my humble knowledge, this is simply wrong: Doom1 took place on the moons of mars: phobos and deimos. (and some otherworldly place for the 3rd episode)

*Sigh* read my post again - I did not say that Doom 1 took place on Mars, merely that the UAC main base was located on Mars - the marines were sent up to Phobos from Mars.

He and his body cast were shipped to Pearl Habour while you were transferred to Mars - home of the Union Aerospace Corporation.

Deathmatcher said:

You're right, but this is still a gay ass thread.

dsm said:

*Sigh* read my post again - I did not say that Doom 1 took place on Mars, merely that the UAC main base was located on Mars - the marines were sent up to Phobos from Mars.

Well, that doesn't change anything about the fact: Keen1 and Doom3 are the only games...this is getting boring. No humor, you guys have.

gatewatcher said:

You're right, but this is still a gay ass thread.

pfff. nobody forces you to read it.

Deathmatcher said:

this is getting boring. No humor, you guys have.

BECAUSE THIS THREAD LACKS TEH FUNNEY.

Were you seriously going for humor?? I mean, really, this subject matter is so ridiculous. OMG, 2nd id game on mars!!! Whoa, mind blowing... Tell me now, how is this fact relevant in any way to Doom3?

Oh my god, what is all this fuss about? I just stated a litte "funny" fact. I mean, everyone is talking about id, returning to their "original game" and I made a comment about the return of the "Keen1 planet". Result: Flaming. I don't understand this.

Deathmatcher said:

Oh my god, what is all this fuss about? I just stated a litte "funny" fact. I mean, everyone is talking about id, returning to their "original game" and I made a comment about the return of the "Keen1 planet". Result: Flaming. I don't understand this.

Welcome to Doomworld.

Deathmatcher said:

There has been no flaming in this thread so far.

I just think it's a pointless thread with no humour and no insight - furthermore, I'm simply annoyed at the significance you put into a bagatelle.

Heh, stupidest thing since that "there is a red bridge in mafia so the next GTA must be set in san andreas!" post on that other site, except now everyone knows the next gta is set in san andreas but it was still stupid as hell heh

honeslty a keen remake would be cool

example

Duke Nukem: manhatten project. a deffinantly under rated game. it goes back to the side scrolling style of the first 2 duke games. however uses a 3d graphics engine to do it. the game was very well done for an amature company (3d realms didnt make it)
in fact its quality was very high, better product than many larger game companies. few bugs or wierd effects.

Sephiroth said:

honeslty a keen remake would be cool

example

Duke Nukem: manhatten project. a deffinantly under rated game. it goes back to the side scrolling style of the first 2 duke games. however uses a 3d graphics engine to do it. the game was very well done for an amature company (3d realms didnt make it)
in fact its quality was very high, better product than many larger game companies. few bugs or wierd effects.

Yes, I own Manhattan Project (and I usually only buy games if I'm 99% sure I will love the full version) and I think it's such an awesome game.

A Commander Keen remake/retelling would be sweet, but I'm pretty sure it won't be done by Id since kids' games isn't really down Id's alley anymore. Such a re-creation would have to remain a kids' game. Btw, I didn't really dig Keen's new appearance in that 'new' Keen game for the gameboy advance.