Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bashe

Arachnophobia!

Danarchy said:

Also, if you think horseflies are bad, then meet a deerfly. Those bastards are even bigger, and they bite through your fucking jeans. I never want to be outside in Minnesota ever again.

pansy...heh
just steer clear of bodies of water, as hard as it is, and you should be fine....I hate those fuckers, i think they're attracted to sweat and/or co2...and i start to sweat when it gets above 60...they're bothersome all summer

dan, you asshole, why'd you remind me?

Spiders seem abundant nowadays.

I live in Ohio. There has been at least 10 or more spiders in this house since winter ended.

Heh, yesterday when I was shaving in the bathroom I saw this really small blue and purple colored spider on the window just above the john. It was bouncing back and forth on the window sill like it was hopped up on caffeine or something. Kinda cool in a way, heh.

Quast said:

pansy...heh
just steer clear of bodies of water, as hard as it is, and you should be fine....I hate those fuckers, i think they're attracted to sweat and/or co2...and i start to sweat when it gets above 60...they're bothersome all summer

dan, you asshole, why'd you remind me?

Heh, I have an aunt and uncle that own about 130 acres of land near Malaca, so they're way out in the country. Last time I was there (which was YEARS ago, like 1994 or so) I remember deer flies all day and mosquitoes all night. Then if you walked through the grass you got covered in ticks. So basicaly I just spent the whole time playing my cousin's Nintendo. :P We did go hiking at one point and saw a couple wood frogs, but that was the majority of my leaving their house.

I recently read an article about the black widow slowly taking over western Europe. Great, just great. I know they're really small, but they're dangerous.

I live in Australia and there are huntsmans everywhere.
They don't really scare me. Fat black spiders do though.

Great movie, scared the fuck outta me the first time I saw it.

I've been dealing with spiders since I was a kid. They're not too bad. My dog likes to hunt the little ones. :)

Quast said:

oh shit...dont they come from egg pods? like those flys and worms? i honestly can't remember them...oh well

You actually may have been playing with the no-spiders patch. Yes, it exists...

Here's a hint: use .jpg or .gif instead of the always huge .bmp.

Disorder said:

I once had one of these on my back (not sure which one exactly). That wasn't scary, but fascinating. They can grow quite big.

It's a Male Stag beetle. We have them at our place here outside of Brainerd; they love to dig into the sod in our fields. They're creepy looking, but they're mostly harmless.

Psyonisis said:

Anyone ever heard of camel spiders? I've never seen one in real life, but I'm glad I haven't!

Ah, yes. Those scorpion-like ones that catch mice and such in desert terrain.

AFAIK, those things can jump quite far, but don't quote me on that. It's been a while since I've heard about them.

I dont mind tarantulas, but i hate smaller spiders like the brown recluse. Can't stand those, they are all over here in Oklahoma. I usually just kill spiders with a shoe or something thats nearby, but what really pisses me off is when they get away and hide under furniture or in small places where you cant reach them.

Yeah. My dad says camel spiders are extremely dangerous. He was near some in Barain (sp?).

About .jpg and .gif. How do I convert the files? I make them with paint and I can't really convert them without causing problems for someone. I mean, on this computer, I could just change the file extention and it would be fine, but I my laptop, that wouldn't work.

Laguna said:

It's a Male Stag beetle. We have them at our place here outside of Brainerd; they love to dig into the sod in our fields. They're creepy looking, but they're mostly harmless.

They're beautiful.

Danarchy said:

What? The crater?

In the crater

The only thing I hate is when you know a spider is up in its little corner watching you piss in the bathroom.

ravage said:

The only thing I hate is when you know a spider is up in its little corner watching you piss in the bathroom.

I had a spider who would be in a corner right across from my toilet. Used to, that is. I noticed it's not there anymore - it probably died at any length, so I'll miss it. After all, it did a good job of killing the silverfish which are all over this damn apartment.

Zoost said:

In the crater

Enlarge the picture and you'll see. That is weird. WTF is it?

Arioch said:

That's pretty fucking awesome how the Japanese honey bees cook the hornets ...

Indeed it is. Makes you wonder just how smart these little creatures are.

They are not individually very smart, but the hive behavior does seem smarter overall, and makes one wonder about the nature of individuality. All in all societies behave like loose organisms, and individuals are like well-structures societies.