Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Janderson

[Eating Weed] General Cannabis Discussion

I was reading an earlier thread and I noticed most of the bad effects were caused by smoking it. Rather then bump an old-ish thread, I ask in a new one;
Are there any bad side effects from eatting weed?

Thats a good question, would it have the same effects as chewing fresh tobacco? (not the stuff you get from a jar cuz thats full of more chemicals then ozzy osbourn back in the day)

I ate it on a pizza once. Make sure you don't cook it, the weed will lose it's potency. Just add it later once your food has cooled down (if you're gonna go cook something at all).

I thought that the main "Bad side effects" from weed where a loss of memory, and a loss of the ability to control emotions (and you'd end up like my old girlfriend heh, not something you want to be)..i imagine you'd still get those, though your lungs might thank you for not smoking heh

Janderson said:

What's the worst that could happen?
Um...how about an ounce?

the high itself would remain similar if you ate a certain amount as opposed to smoking it. However, in my experiance, eating it has produced slightly longer more intense highs. an eighth should do anyone just fine really. hell...i use far far less than that

An ounce...jesus christ

Disorder said:

Make sure you don't cook it, the weed will lose it's potency.

You heat shake in butter and then use the butter to cook...THC is fat soluable and is activated with heat...you dont need to actually eat the grass itself, unless you really, really want to...you throw that shit away after you filter it out

the only side effects from eating it would be a bad cook...heh..And the more real possibility of simply having too intense of an experiance

edit: eating weed just plain isn't going to do a damn thing

The only bad thing about ingesting it is that if you have a bad trip you cant just stop (like you can with smoking). Your choices are either vomit or wait about 12 hours for the effects to diminish.

You can overdose if you eat to much weed, its not physicaly possible to overdose from over smoking you pass out long before you would. So thats one downside of eating it. I suppose that you would get more concentrations of chemicles in your body from eating it because it passes through your intire digestive tract but at the same time not as many carcinogens because your not actully burning it. I find that eating it is rather boreing you get a body stone which is good for sleeping but its much more fun to trip out with a head high and a body stone at the same time.

EDIT: and yea I do now how you trip out on eating weed because I have eatin 7 grams of high grade skunk hydro with a digestive pill and I was pretty damn numb but I dident trip in a bad way it was just extremly relaxing.

heh, on the 1999->2000 new years eve my otherwise normal mates were having a party and i baked two batches of cocoa sponge buns with chocolate chips and about an eigth mixed in the mixture... then i put a large sign on the pile warning of their potency. most of those who partook had not tried weed before. one passed out, one was violently sick. two went home.

good with custard too.

generally i'd reccomend it to first timers, especially those that dont want to smoke tobacco (or at all), but so long as you dont eat all the bloody buns/cookies. so 3.5 grams spread around 24 buns would be 0.15 grams per serving.

just dont attempt to interact with any older relatives for at least 24 hours after.

the main issue though (which is the same issue as mushrooms) is that you're getting all your high for one session in one go. as opposed to smoking where you're toking here and there all night. so basically you're stuck, and once it's in your blood stream vomiting wont make it go away. so you just have to know, for a fact, for an absolute certainty that it will go away, by tomorow at the latest and you will not die or go mad. heh, holding onto that bit of reality tightly should get you through ok :-)

Scabbed Angel said:

Really? What happens?

You can theoretically...however the LD50 is simply too high for it to be plausible. I believe that also rings true for LSD, however I'm not 100%.

It's true for both. It would take an extremely large stomach(and extremely slow metabolism) to consume enough marijuana or pure LSD to warrant a trip to the doctor.

But considering that, you'd be in poor health regardless of how much you consumed.

well i dont really know any bad effects off the top of my head. mainly because people dont have a habbit of eating weed. granted people do add it to many recipies. i am sure there would be negitive effects if say you did use it like chewing tobbacco or dip, or possibly ate it every day.

i do know that it was often made into a tea. however i think it has a horrible smell and a worse taste. usally with tea it as mixed with other tea herbs. opium was also often used. my grand father once gave me tea that had opium in it when i was very sick. not very legal but i am sure it worked, too young to remember.

besides side effects of THC and any addities i dont image many ill effects you could get by eating small amounts. basicly just like any other herb

Aside from wasting your shit and looking stupid there are no side-effects.

Sephiroth said:

I do know that it was often made into a tea. however i think it has a horrible smell and a worse taste. usally with tea it as mixed with other tea herbs.

I dunno in my opinion marijuana tea smells and taste pretty good I guess its just your preference though, everyone likes different things.

I never understood the whole eating weed thing. I was always under the impression that in order for marijuana to release THC, a chemical reaction needed to take place - one involving flame. So in order to get any of the effects of marijuana, you need to smoke it.

THC i believe will have the same effect, smoked or not. however i am not a person who has researched weed in any great detail. nor do i even touch it. however i know many many users, and they seem to get high from eating it too. if there is a reaction with heat for THC to work then it happens when the marijuana is baked or cooked. however as with the tea. that was often used when people where sick or in pain. i have never made the tea, but i am sure it is made the same way other tea is brewed. boiling tempeture being the hottest.

i dont think THC needs heat to be active.

cycloid said:

just dont attempt to interact with any older relatives for at least 24 hours after.

Also, as a friend of mine will tell you, dont do this if you have work the next morning, especially if its a job which involves interaction with the public :)

Job said:

I never understood the whole eating weed thing. I was always under the impression that in order for marijuana to release THC, a chemical reaction needed to take place - one involving flame. So in order to get any of the effects of marijuana, you need to smoke it.

Actually heat destroys much of the THC before you ever get it. The idea is to smoke it without burning it...

Job said:

Um, no. Eating it will release THC. I've always wanted to try some Magic Brownies.

Tyockell said:

You can overdose if you eat to much weed, its not physicaly possible to overdose from over smoking you pass out long before you would. So thats one downside of eating it. I suppose that you would get more concentrations of chemicles in your body from eating it because it passes through your intire digestive tract but at the same time not as many carcinogens because your not actully burning it. I find that eating it is rather boreing you get a body stone which is good for sleeping but its much more fun to trip out with a head high and a body stone at the same time.

EDIT: and yea I do now how you trip out on eating weed because I have eatin 7 grams of high grade skunk hydro with a digestive pill and I was pretty damn numb but I dident trip in a bad way it was just extremly relaxing.

Uhh, what exactly is a body stone, and a skunk hydro?

Lengis said:

Uhh, what exactly is a body stone, and a skunk hydro?

a body stone is less cerebral..more of a lazy-ass sit on the couch high.
skunk hydro, here, is probably refered to as top quality smelly ass (it smells like...a skunk) hydroponically grown grass. While there are in fact thousands of varieties and different hybrids and different quality...there is a infamous "skunk" strain. I think I remeber reading somewhere (hightimes?) that the original plant itself has been effectively (in a sense) been kept alive perpetually through cuttings and cloning since the late '70s.

I ate "space cake" once which my brother and some friends made using butter with weed in it. It was pretty powerful stuff.
The problem with eating weed is that it takes longer for the effect to take place; Only after like 2 hours you start noticing it. When you smoke it you fell an effect in like 10 minutes. The danger in eating weed is that people will eat a slice of the cake, wait for 30 minutes, then think "this stuff isn't working" and eat more. After an hour they still don't feel anything and eat more. By now they've eaten far too much and the effect will get really really heavy.
Smoking in this sense is much saver for you will directly know when you're taking too much and should stop.
However it effect of smoking is much less than when eaten.

When I smoke it I'll started noticing it after 10 minutes and it will be over in a few hours.

When I had the cake I started noticing it after a few hours and it lasted the entire evening. The following day it still had some effect; I really had trouble concentrating and my short-term memory was playing tricks on me.

I'd like to note that I'm really not a regular user. I've only smoked it a few times and ate a slice of space cake once. I also once made some tea from it, but that did nothing.
Further I agree the whole weed thing is overrated; Alcohol is much better.