Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
dsm

X-box screenies

they are new (it also says released may 12)... look pretty good though they are x-box-style blockish and the burning zombie looks like he is broken or something. probably its a still of him being gibbed.

grutsch said:
look pretty good though they are x-box-style blockish

dsm said:
I don't recall seeing those four X-box shots before.

The topic line said:

X-box screenies

:-)

and the burning zombie looks like he is broken or something. probably its a still of him being gibbed.

No, he looks like that - I've seen a pic of burnie before. He looks "broken" because parts of his flesh has been burnt away.

The server is probably being hammered or something, I can't see the pictures. The whole page refuses to show up.
-edit- I'm seeing them now. The page is back up. Slow as hell though.

Why is all the new material being shown Xbox material? There havent been any new PC screens in a while.

I have to say the 'burnie' screen looks horrible. Maybe it'll look a lot better in motion, but I'll be happy buying the pc version whenever I have a pc I can play it on.

gatewatcher said:

That's because they were posted only today.

As grutsch already pointed out.

On an unrelated note, and not addressing you, the console is called "XBox", not "X-Box".

Yes, I really do hope that the PC version has better graphics, either that or I hope it's just the screens distorting the picture or something (they tend to do that sometimes). Overall it looks good, it just has a lot of sharp edges and a lot of blockiness (even for an XBOX game). But, I'm going to buy DOOM 3 anyways dispite the graphics...didn't stop be from buying DOOM lol.

iori said:

Why is all the new material being shown Xbox material? There havent been any new PC screens in a while.

Because there are already plenty of PC screenies - people know what the PC version will look like, they aren't nearly as aware of the Xbox (thanks for the corrections) version's graphical qualities.

I guess it's simply a balancing of screenies.

Anyways, I'm not really interested in screenshots anymore - imo they've released way too many of them already, plus, it's pretty predictable what's gonna be in them (the Hell Knight in most cases - otherwise imps or perhaps Trites).

Now a screenshot of the Cherub would be nice for a change, but then, with Doom 3 so close to release I can wait until I get to play the game on my own compy (aproximately 1 month after its US release).