Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Goat

So howsabout that beheading?

Big crazy news out there about an american civilian getting beheaded by some afghanis or something, and im surprised that it hasnt been posted about on here. its on CNN. I have yet to see the footage, however, i was listening to a radio talkshow this morning (MJ in the Morning for you Florida-Southgeorgianers out there) and they played the audio from the video over the air, and man did that stuff make you wanna cringe. you could hear the dude scream and blood gurgle and shit.

the video is at mjmorningshow.com. heed the warnings, cuz as ive said i havent seen it, but it has all the stuff that comes with a beheading, blood and all. so ive heard.

what do you guys think about this shit? sounds like they might be trying to get back at us for what we did to the prisoners.

A friend of mine gave me the full unedited video. He said he got it from P2P or whatever. Either way, I haven't looked at it yet. I'm not sure if I want to.

The video I saw (the link for which doesn't seem to work anymore) had desync'd audio, so you could hear the screaming before it happens. There's no sensible reason to want to see a man suffering so, perhaps it was morbid curiosity or a need to desensitize myself to this sort of ugliness.

heh, the guy lived a little ways from here. Only about 20 miles. I was going to download the video but decided against it. If anyone blames the american government for this incident, I'm going to unload on them

Goat said:

it was inevitable

What I meant by this was not many people here care about what happens to Americans.

gatewatcher said:

What I meant by this was not many people here care about what happens to Americans.

Hello.

I just watched it. I think it's on ogrish...tons of mirrors in the sa forums. I can't stand it. This one is far creepier then the pearl one IMO.

He goes on about his name...ect...then for like 4 minutes straight the assailent reads off some shit. The whole time I watched the dude sitting on the floor...he doesn't move an inch and stares right at the camera. THAT is what creeped me out. The murder itself doesn't bother me as much for some reason as the overwhelming feeling of impending doom he surely felt. The misery of his last moments drug out. I dunno, that type of shit gets to me bad. And then the abrupt stop of the scream at the end....uhhh

Quast said:

He goes on about his name...ect...then for like 4 minutes straight the assailent reads off some shit. The whole time I watched the dude sitting on the floor...he doesn't move an inch and stares right at the camera. THAT is what creeped me out. The murder itself doesn't bother me as much for some reason as the overwhelming feeling of impending doom he surely felt. The misery of his last moments drug out. I dunno, that type of shit gets to me bad. And then the abrupt stop of the scream at the end....uhhh

What makes me angry most, is the fact that he was a civilian, he was over there trying to help the people of Iraq and instead he gets his fucking head cut off for being an American. Period. None of the prisoner abuse scandal compares to this.

gatewatcher said:

Period. None of the prisoner abuse scandal compares to this.

Oh I don't know, to an Arab person, having to pose in the nude is probably worse than being raped. And I am not surprised that this was going to happen - it still makes me mad though. They speak about honour, yet they act like freaking wild animals (ok, not literally, but I hope you know what I mean).

I watched it without sound, which was bearable but painful enough. I know I wouldn't want to hear his screams, that'd give me real nightmares.

gatewatcher said:

None of the prisoner abuse scandal compares to this.

Riiiight.

By the way, the beheading could hardly have happened in response to the Abu Ghraib abuses, since he was killed April 8 and the Abu Ghraid didn't break until weeks later... I doubt they knew about it back then.

gatewatcher said:
What makes me angry most, is the fact that he was a civilian, he was over there trying to help the people of Iraq and instead he gets his fucking head cut off for being an American. Period. None of the prisoner abuse scandal compares to this.

You just don't get it do you? if a heron addict murders a three men and steals his wallets, then a policeman murders one man while he is in his custody, who is more evil? IT DOESN’T FUCKING MATTER! "oh well, sure our guys did some bad things, buy the others guys MUCH worse!" WHAT DIFFERENCE DOSE THAT MAKE?

Bloody right wing and their relative morality. I don't care the other guy dose, It is what WE do that I care about, WE made this mess, WE put these people in these situations, and WE are responsible when shit like that happens, because WE choose to do the wrong thing. END OF STORY.

Fredrik said:

By the way, the beheading could hardly have happened in response to the Abu Ghraib abuses, since he was killed April 8 and the Abu Ghraid didn't break until weeks later... I doubt they knew about it back then.

Source(s), please?

Ct_red_pants said:

Bloody right wing and their relative morality. I don't care the other guy dose, It is what WE do that I care about, WE made this mess, WE put these people in these situations, and WE are responsible when shit like that happens, because WE choose to do the wrong thing. END OF STORY.

We had nothing to do with sending this civilian over to a warzone

No way, I'm going to watch that video. I think this is not entertainment. I couldn't help listening to the audio on the radio. It was horrible. Call me naive, but i cannot imagine people killing somebody with such calmness. it is disgusting! I dont care who kills who (US-Arab Arab-US or Arab-Arab). It makes me sick!

Zoost said:

No way, I'm going to watch that video.

What exactly is that supposed to mean?

In the context of the rest of the post, I'm guessing he just added one comma too many.

There were three screenshots from the video in a newspaper here. Of the guy identifying himself, of his impending doom, and sheer seconds from death.

Really fucking creepy.

gatewatcher said:

None of the prisoner abuse scandal compares to this.

Actually, a couple of prisoners were beaten to death. I know I'd rather be beaten to death than have my throat cut open, but still. The result is the same. And the guy reading the statement, most likely Jordanian terrorist Abu Musab Al Zarqawi, said that the execution was done as a reaction to the prisoner abuse scandals. If that's true, than this might've been easily prevented.

Goat said:

Big crazy news out there about an american civilian getting beheaded by some afghanis or something,

This summarises America.

Ct_red_pants said:

I don't think you could be more wrong.

Ralphis said:

true. well, except for making the warzone itself.

gatewatcher said:
I don't think you could be more wrong.

Oh alright, fine, lets play the "who's the bigger jerk game" shall we? Well, lets see, how many innocent people died in terrorist attacks over say, the last 5 years? Hmm, well there's 9/11, there's Barley, uhhh several bombings and emersy attacks... lets say 6000? NASTY! Now, lets look at how many civilians have died in US attacks on Afghanistan and Iraq? Hmmm... Well, most reports are suggesting Over 10000. gee wizz. Oh wait, my mistake, that's collateral damage that means they didn't mean to do it. Oh well. I'm sure they understand.

AndrewB said:

It's the American government's fault.

And this goes for most every thing in history!!!
Shit, our gas prices makes me want to declair war on the USofA myself...

Ralphis said:

I wouldn't be so sure. According to this he was apparently held prisoner by the U.S. military and was then released (as explained in the article) and not too long after that, he met his fate.

Also, he was, in fact, looking for work that was possible only and directly as a result of the invasion itself.

This incident is strange.

Ahem, before I sound like a total prick, I do agree that the guys who pulled this shit should be hunted down like dogs, but this shit dosn't just 'happen'.

What really pisses me off is when people say the war in Iraq is going well just because they've suffered more casualties than us.

I am certianly not watching the video, says i who is making a comic which will feature someone cutting a persons throat with thier teeth, but thats a comic, not reality!. There where pics from it in the daily express (and every other paper..personally i reckon the glasgow plastics factory explosion should have been on the front pages because it was "closer to home", but oh well), but all they showed was the bloke reading something, the bloke also reading something, then the bloke kicking the victim over and pulling out a knife

Shit, our gas prices makes me want to declair war on the USofA myself...

And quotes like that make me want to do the same!, try coming to britian, where we pay something like 600% tax on petrol! (so i heard around the time of the last fuel strike..?)