Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Naitguolf

Making DooM as DooM Bible

Sure, I've thought about it. But that would take an exceptional amount of effort to pull off properly, which is why id scrapped it in the first place.

As far as I know, Assault on Tei Tenga was originally supposed to follow the Doom Bible, but it didn't really come out that way either.

Naitguolf said:

Reading the DooM Bible.... anyone here had thought to make A DooM mod like DooM Bible pdf said....?

Yes, I made five levels based in the original plots.
Also someone planned the same, the project was named "DOOM revisited", or something like that.

The idea is good, but create all the six episodes, with all that special efects and stuff, would be a very hard work.

I'd love to see someone making an interpretation of the General Demon.

Oh btw, if you pay attention, the plot behind Plutonia is quite similar with the one of the Final Gate (the last episode in the original plots)

yeah making the first episode of the bible might be good, i could try it myself one day (sez 'ee), or maybe someone less lazy could. I know about Tei tenga, but it ends up being totally different, for instance the bible says you have to fight the "bruiser brothers" (barons of hell) at the end, but at the end of tei tenga you have to fight a general with a railgun who has been possesed by the demons heh

Just do the first one. It's the only one that had any detail . . . or was any good for that matter. Besides, most of the textures for the firts one were already created and are in Doom or the Alphas. I always regarded Doomed Once More as pretty close to the Doom Bible . . . I wonder how it's coming along?

Reading the DooM Bible.... anyone here had thought to make A DooM mod like DooM Bible pdf said....?

Half-Life seem to do alot of the things in it.

Vegeta said:

Yes, I made five levels based in the original plots.
Also someone planned the same, the project was named "DOOM revisited", or something like that.

The idea is good, but create all the six episodes, with all that special efects and stuff, would be a very hard work.

I'd love to see someone making an interpretation of the General Demon.

Oh btw, if you pay attention, the plot behind Plutonia is quite similar with the one of the Final Gate (the last episode in the original plots)

Where i can find it?

Immoral conduct has some weapons from the doom bible: the rifle (with bayonet) officers pistol and the sawed off shotgun.

I've also cooked up some centred graphics for the dark claw and the unmaker...

Ct_red_pants said:

I've also cooked up some centred graphics for the dark claw and the unmaker...

Sounds tasty, lets see 'em.

Scuba Steve made a kick-ass Unmaker, if ya didn't know already.

Naitguolf said:
me can.

Awfully nice of you! All right if I email them your way?

Grimm said:
Scuba Steve made a kick-ass Unmaker, if ya didn't know already.

Yes, but it's not 'centred' and it looks out of place with the normal doom weapons.

Heh, did you know that Monolith stole the dark claw sprites and put them in Blood?

LINK TO THE DOOM BIBLE ANYONE?

Edit: Never mind. I found it.
Ican't believe they didn't actually make all of that stuff in there. Doom would have been..........AMAZING.

And cinematics! And story-based stuff! And more weapons! They should have made that stuff.

So basically, we should all do this project, as doomworld, as a tribute to what doom could have been.

They should have made that stuff

They WOULD have made that stuff..if they where making the game 5 years later

Nick Perrin said:

Ican't believe they didn't actually make all of that stuff in there. Doom would have been..........AMAZING.

What? No it wouldn't, Tom went and put most of that shit into ROTT anyway, and it's not amazing. Doom is a perfect example of simplicity at it's best. All the crap in the bible just made the game more complicated without adding anything to gameplay. If anything Tom's ideas would have taken away from the experience of fighting and surviving.

Use3D said:

If anything Tom's ideas would have taken away from the experience of fighting and surviving.

It's not suprising, since the Doom Bible describes a RPG. But Doom is a shooter which makes it hard to compare it with the Doom Bible.

However things like trains, hub based episodes etc. wouldn't had hurt. You have those in other shooters as well. I don't know about RPGs though, as I don't like those video games.

what i mean is it would have been like doom, but half-life style... with full cinematics. It actually would have been so much better. The game's premise is only even closely related.