Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alientank

Something I've noticed about waiting for Doom 3

We've been waiting for this game since 4 years ago, and I notice that just now, it has really gotten to me. All the media, all the pictures, have only made it worse. Even though dev is close to an end, the worst part is that 2 week waiting period where it has to go gold. I remember waiting for Unreal Tournament (first one) to ship, the day it was in the mall I was there at the second it opened, running down the hall like a madman with rabies to the EB games store. You all seem pretty calm about it, and I have been the whole time, but all the quotes from id like "Well we are really close" etc are getting to the point of insanity!

Naitguolf said:

calm down... or you will be dissapointed. For me, always happen.

I'm not expecting a lot out of this game, even though I'm sure it will have a lot to offer. Then I won't be disappointed :) I hate waiting after this long that's all. The last waiting time is always the hardest. We waited this long and it's only a month or two before release now. It's getting towards the end that's hard.

Arioch said:

Far Cry is consoling me late at night when my tears come.

Far cry is a great game!

Doom 3 is going to be the FIRST new game that I'm going to buy when I get my new computer this summer. I can't wait.....for my computer lol.

Yeah, Doom3 had been nothing more than a thought in the back of my head until this (vague) release date was announced. Knowing that it could be any day now has me excited once more.

Edit: Heh, I just remembered that I preordered it. *Hugs Cybie statuette*

Three and a half years ago I would've sacrificed vital body parts for a chance to see (let alone play) Doom 3. After playing the leaked alpha I was kind of disappointed and lost interest. Right now I'm getting excited about it again, but I'm not going to compare it to the second coming of Christ anymore.

I where expecting a lot from this game, but after Ling's coments of the PSX version I get a bit dissapointed, but I like that, because my computer has no chance to run DOOM 3.

NO, I'm not saying "I hope that DOOM 3 suck", no, I'm just happy that I'm interested, but no that much in something that for a long time I won't able to play.

Vegeta said:

but after Ling's coments of the PSX version I get a bit dissapointed

Heh didn't you meant xbox ?

Lord FlatHead said:

Three and a half years ago I would've sacrificed vital body parts for a chance to see (let alone play) Doom 3. After playing the leaked alpha I was kind of disappointed and lost interest. Right now I'm getting excited about it again, but I'm not going to compare it to the second coming of Christ anymore.

i agree with this. make that one year ago, tho for me

Darkstalker said:

Heh didn't you meant xbox ?

Heh, yes, something like that :-)

I myself am becoming more calm now that it's release is approaching. All the major questions have been answered and I've seen all they're going to show (screenshot-wise) until it's finally out. So now all I have to look forward to is the game.

but I'm not going to compare it to the second coming of Christ anymore.

Meh, that Jesus bloke was a one-hit wonder, like The Darkness and Osama 'cat' laiden and the three little terrorists

i played the leaked alpha and i wasnt disappointed AT ALL, it made me more excited. im crazy about doom3 everytime i come to doomworld but i calm down the moment i close internet browser.

I actully find im even less anxious for the game now, I could kinda care less I dont know why but this game isent really appealing to me anymore.

Tyockell said:

I actully find im even less anxious for the game now, I could kinda care less I dont know why but this game isent really appealing to me anymore.

That was bound to begin happening sooner or later. Sure it seems really awesome at first, but after you wait for 2 or more years for something, getting bits and pieces of stuff here and there to look at, the same thing gets old pretty soon, and the interest dies down. Other things of interest take it's place, and what was once very exciting is merely something put on the side that could really be forgotten about.

My computer is too old to run Doom3, but just the fact that a new Doom game is coming down the pipe excites me :D