Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Intel17

Which Game do you think has the best Graphics?

Doom 3

Half Life 2

Far Cry

I personally vote for doom 3 because it has so many advancements, such as no more light+Shadow maps and very highly detailed character models.

I'm mixed between D3 and HL2. Far cry looks great, they all do, but not quite up to par with HL and Doom. Proably Doom. Halflife will probably be more imersive though. *hangs head in shame*

I like the style of D3 better though, being a horror fan.

I can see nothing special in the HL2 graphics (judging from the screenshots), except nice use of shaders. But the detail is exactly the same, or even lower, then in UT2003/04. And the lightmap lighting just looks oldfashioned by now.

Far Cry is prettier and has more vibrant colors but I'll have to go with HL2 based on what I saw in the "exclusive" CD that came with Condition-Zero where they demonstrated the graphics, animation, and the new engine all together.

Arioch said:

In my opinion Far Cry has better graphics than Half-Life 2.

Farcry is indeed sexy. A little taxing on the resources, but all in all a steady 30fps can be maintained at the proper settings. I love that game.

Intel17 said:

Far cry look better than Doom 3?

Wow you people need your eyes checked.

You asked which everyone liked better, dumbass.

Arioch said:

Doom 3 > Far Cry > Half-Life 2

Yup, that sums it up for me.
Not that I think the graphics in HL2 look in any way "bad", I just think the other two games look prettier.

Why do you think the ended up holding HL2 back till next year, they're probably shaking in their boots right now making the graphics better.

Perforator said:

Why do you think the ended up holding HL2 back till next year, they're probably shaking in their boots right now making the graphics better.

That would be a stupid reason.

OMG BETTER GRAPHICZ THAN DUUM 3 WILL MAEK IT A BETTER GAEM LOL

Perforator said:

very doubtful. HL2 looks great and it'll probably run great. It will serve HL2's purpose.

Doom 3's graphics are better in my opinion...and they are also technically better than any other game out now and hl2 but I guess good graphics are in the eye of the beholder. We have barely seen doom 3's graphics in action for the PC...only one old trailor. The fact that the screens look so amazing and that we'll be seeing that kind of quality in real time is just amazing. This is all imho though.

Well i actually went out and bought Far Cry yesterday after reading here that it had graphics even comparable to D3 or HL2. Happy to see that my 9700Pro runs it very smoothly, on the medium settings which it autodetects. (god, it's really ridiculous that the new ATI card is purportedly 8 times faster than the 9800 Pro... holy shit, people are starving in china and you could practically render edible food with this sort of power, heh)

Apparently in Far Cry there is some sort of Polybump tech which i suppose is like bump mapping...but it's some sort of hack, it ain't the real thing like DM3 will have.

Anyway, the water looks beautiful and the overall detail is pretty damn impressive! I've never been in a convincing jungle before that didn't use that volumetric fog/haze that only lets you see 10 feet in front of you, like in Turok or Hitman. Farcry really has a shitload of pretty sprites for the flora of the jungle. Impressive. But I think DM3 and HL2 have a clear advantage mostly because of true bumpmapping. And i think DM3 will have the best graphics of them all due to the superior lighting algorithm.

Soon, guys, soon. Jesus, it's been a long time...

Crix said:

I think DM3 and HL2 have a clear advantage mostly because of true bumpmapping.

As far as I know HL2 doesn´t make any use of bumpmapping like Doom3 does. I mean, just look at the screenshots, HL2 - plain old lightmap lighting, Doom3 - modern real time lighting with the use of bumpmaps and per-pixel lighting. That´s the big difference, isn´t it? o_0