Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shapeless

Imp and Mancubus Sketches

Here are more pics of the Mini Mancubus bust...

I may sculpt a bigger one like this sketch below

And here's an Imp..

Awesome! I love your take on the imp's head, maybe a couple of spikes sticking out of the cheek bones, but hey it's your work. I have to say, while the manc's head is done as skillfully as usual, it's much too human looking for my tastes. It shows too much intelligence or something. I'd say it needs to be more savage, grotesque, and alien looking.

Hmmm, I like it, I always thought of the Mancubus as some sort of mutated/twisted humanoid beast.

I especially like the Imp's head, because it gives the Imp the witless look we know and love it for ;)

The manc kinda reminds me of the fatty zombie from Doom 3.

dsm said:

The manc kinda reminds me of the fatty zombie from Doom 3.

Aye, I had the same impression. But excellent work nonetheless. I would expect it to be more 'flabby faced' and a bit deformed. But what do I know about Mancubi

Terra-jin said:

Hmmm, I like it, I always thought of the Mancubus as some sort of mutated/twisted humanoid beast.

That's pretty much what it is.

Excellent work, the manc sketch would make an excellent bust. Once again your work makes me go O_O .

Ooh wow, I like that. I would never have the patience nor skill to pull something like that off. *thumbs up*

BlackFish said:

the manc head actually looks human.

Yes a very angry human. Great work Shapeless!

Thanks for the kind words. I made the imps jaw droping straight down cause that's how it was in the game. I imagine that it can dislocate it's jaw like a snake.

The mancubus, yaa I drew it like a bust but it looks like it's skinny dipping. Yummy :P Anyway I think it's head needs to be sloped further back. And it's mouth is open so that's why it does not patrude outward. I still don't know If I will sculpt the bust with an open mouth or closed. the purpose of the bust is to have more detail, or to better capture a likeness. Still I don't know if I wan't most of my Doom monster busts to be yelling at me.

Busts I plan on making...

-Imp (already started)
-Mancubus (A bigger better one of course)
-Barron of Hell (like the one in the corner of Doomworld.
-Arch Vile
-Cyberdemon (maybe)

Awesome as always... damn you have a superb grasp on the 3 dimensional. *coughbastardcough* ; )

Where's that hellknight you wer supposed to be doing? Hmmn?
*crosses arms and taps foot in impatience*

I said I would make one eventually. I haven't started it and don't plan to until I can extract enough reference pics from the full game. Anyway didn't you say you were starting one way back when. ?

here 's the imp bust I started.

made entirly out of regular sculpey..
http://img32.photobucket.com/albums/v96/Nataniel/IMG_0688.jpg

http://img32.photobucket.com/albums/v96/Nataniel/IMG_0690.jpg

And in these pics below I started using supersculpey over it. I aslo want to add that in the pics above everything is cured. I'm doing it in layers so that I can handle the bust without my fingers squishing into it.

http://img32.photobucket.com/albums/v96/Nataniel/IMG_0713.jpg

http://img32.photobucket.com/albums/v96/Nataniel/IMG_0730.jpg

insert constructive critique here

Looking great Shapeless! What did you use for the eyeballs?

Very nice, Shapeless. But maybe you'd want to give some more canine structure to the imp's teeth? I think if the angle of the sprite is right, you can see them. If nothing else, chalk it up to poetic license. :)

Thanks for the kind words. I used ball bearings for the eyes. To save me time and trouble. Eventually I will re-do the eye lids to have wrinkles. And I'm even toying with the idea of adding a nose, or just small subtle nose holes. I may change the teeth :)

uh-BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhh.....

VERY NICE!!!!!!!

some suggestions, though:
Make the mancubus' face look a little less human.
Change the imp's teeth to look more sharp, but not too sharp. Less visible gums, too.

Other than that, you have an amazing talent.

Hokey Dokey on the Mancubus looking too Human. Does someone have a chart with all of the Mancubus's frams? I won't start it until I finish The Imp Bust though.

The manc bust looks awesome... but the sketches are even better!

I really like the mindless rage in his eyes...

I always thought the manc was supposed to be a huge human-like dude anyways...