Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BlueSonnet

ART CONTEST #8

At last i've got round to starting the new art contest. Thought up a biggee for this contest's theme

This contest's theme: Draw a modified doom demon.

In other words something like the doom beastiary. This one's aimed to get your imagination into gear. :) Here's the beastiary link to give you the idea.
http://haunt.8m.com/beastiary/
You can do an entry based on one of these creations as long as it's not a completely new monster (eg zombiedog or the sentries). You should also give the author credit for the idea that yours is based on, just to be respectful. The general rule is that you can be as creative as you want with your entry as long as it bears some resemblance to the original doom demons.

I'm not too sure if i'm going to compete in this one myself. I've made it my way to take part in every art contest except for #5. If i do take part in this one, and if i win, i'll past the topic choice to whoever came second. Same goes to whoever wins twice in a row in the future.

Contest ends 2 weeks from now. The prize will be a title change (or something interesting). Have fun guys. :)

Heh.. posted this in someone elses post by accident... better now.

That's fine... only new work allowed for contests.. and I'm not sure how I feel about pixel hybrids being posted... it's an art contest.. not a copy/paste contest.

Would you consider allowing entries to be 3D models (computer rendered or hand sculpted) as well as illustrations?

Hate to burst your bubble guys but that's not what i had in mind. :(

Considering the nature of these art contests, the entries are meant to come in the form of large scale art done in pencils, paint, computer graphics, 3d art and modelling (sculpture\computer) and stuff like that. Little sprites like that, of that size, wasn't really what we wanted. Take a look at the previous art contests and you'll get the idea.
http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15363

Maybe it's just me though, or maybe i should have been clearer. I'll have a chat with silverwyvern about these ones.

Other than that they'll look good for the bestiary, as soon as Nightmare makes an update. :)

UPDATE: Have discussed this with silverwyvern. No pixel entries like the ones shown. Save that for a bestiary thread in the classic doom section please.

Scabbed Angel said:

So is this like a mix between two demons, or am I misunderstanding?

Look at the doom beastiary.... pick one.. draw... repeat if needed.

I'll submit an entry later this week or early next week, as I'm busy sculpting a Transformers figure at the moment.

Silverwyvern said:

Look at the doom beastiary.... pick one.. draw... repeat if needed.

You can also make up your own, different to that in the bestiary. I mainly provided the link to give you an idea and some inspiration of what to do, despite that you can do entries based on something from the bestiary if you want to. So you could do something like a pink demon\arachnotron with spikes, a purple baron, a cybernetic cacodemon with a chaingun sticking out of it's mouth or whatever your imagination can create, as long as there is some resemblance to the original demons from the doom series (including what has been shown from doom3 while we're at it).

And yes, that does include combining two or 3 demons into one if you want.

I'm visiting my Dad this whole weekend, and won't have time to send in my entrie cause I still have to finish painting it. I could hand it in monday before 11:00 though :)

MmM I love the texture of the bone. It has this ancheint relic look to it. But what's the hair supposed to be. I thought it was fire, but it's black.

I've been really unmotivated to do anything lately, but I did manage to draw my imp warlord from the beastiary.

Kinda sucks... I was in a hurry and I didn't have time to color it or anything.

Okee.. new rule for this art contest. The contest MUST end after a week to prevent people from holding the contest open so long for one or two entries.

So.. It will be now 'Ends after one week' if after one week there are less then 3 entries, the contest will extend for one more week until a 3rd is recieved. If after the second extra week, nobody enters, the contest ends anyway due to lack of interest.

Ok here we go. I did this more out of fun than effort though. Here we have the loveable gamma demon from one of my tcs.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/7405772/

Since we have enough entries and the deadline's roughly about now, the contest has ended from this point. Voting begins tommorow. If you have any questions, send me a pm.

Good job guys.