Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sephiroth

ever buy a game....

...and the disk is gone?? it has happened to me twice.

duke3d and AvP.

both times the boxes where shrink wrapped and appeared %100 perfect with no signs of tampering. both irnoicly from a wal-mart or k-mart up near my grand parents home. sence then i have never bought a game from there. i also have never had it happen agian. however i am sure shit happens. theft, improper shipping, returns (in the days of old) or anything else. i have however gotten damaged disks many a time

I bought an album once that didn't have the disk in it. Brand new, shrink-wrapped and everything. Luckily I bought it from a physical store and I hadn't gone too far away before opening it, so I could go back and get a copy that actually included the CD.

I guess it "just happens" every once in a while; manufacturing defect or something...

You should have told the company...they'll send you so much free stuff :-) I remember doing that when I found a green peanut in a jar of Planters lol.

WTF...green peanuts are fairly common.

Anyway, this has never happened to me, but roughly 30% of all music CDs I buy from a store have broken center things where the disk is, so the disk is constantly falling out, which is doubly annoying when it's in a digipack. Seriously, they should have better fucking quality control especialy if I have to pay fucking $15-$20 per CD.

Nope, but i bought a cd player once that scratched cd's and made them impossible to use again after an hour of listening.

I remember I had spent some weeks getting to the Bahamut and Alexander battle on FF IX and right in the middle of the movie the game froze. I was heart broken. So, I restarted and tried again... and again the game froze.

Taking out the disc, I found no scratches on the back so I called the store.

"Its past our warranty." Heh, I had only gotten it for three weeks (so much stuff was going on at that time so game time was minimal). Apparently their warranty for video games is only a few weeks.

Deciding not to make a huge deal about it, I found a way around it by opening and closing the PS2 when I get to the movie. I can only assume that Alexander won.

Some playstation game I can't remember the name of. I just brought it back and got my money back because I didn't really want the game to begin with.

When I bought quake 3, the disk was gone...funny though, I noticed this in the parking lot and went back into best buy and got it exchanged.

Arckra said:

Deciding not to make a huge deal about it, I found a way around it by opening and closing the PS2 when I get to the movie. I can only assume that Alexander won.

No contest. You can search for rips of the FMVs on Kazaa if you wanted to, though.

Vile said:

No contest. You can search for rips of the FMVs on Kazaa if you wanted to, though.

Heh, that's why I didn't make a huge deal about it. :D Ah, the power of the internet.

I got a music CD without the booklet once (was a digipak), other than that I've never really had any problems like that.

no, these weren't a natural green peanuts, these were rotten peanuts. Think real moldy, decaying bread in a peanut form.

S1lent said:

Think real moldy, decaying bread in a peanut form.

There's a title if ever I heard one.

A friend and I once walked out to the mall and bought Resident Evil 2 for the Playstation. When we returned home, there was only 1 disk inside, and its a two-disk game.

This is because people like me steal it! :)
When I worked at office max we stole the shit and shrink wrapped it back up... I feel bad if this has happen to you! Haha!

Stealthy Ivan said:

When I worked at office max we stole the shit and shrink wrapped it back up... I feel bad if this has happen to you! Haha!

You fucker!

*beats Ivan to a bloody pulp*

Not that it ever happened to me. Actually here most of the time the CDs aren't even in their packages. The packages lie empty on the shelves, and when you want to buy one, the clerk locates the CD in a special storage drawer under his desk. It's safer that way.

Arckra said:

I remember I had spent some weeks getting to the Bahamut and Alexander battle on FF IX and right in the middle of the movie the game froze. I was heart broken. So, I restarted and tried again... and again the game froze.

Taking out the disc, I found no scratches on the back so I called the store.

"Its past our warranty." Heh, I had only gotten it for three weeks (so much stuff was going on at that time so game time was minimal). Apparently their warranty for video games is only a few weeks.

nope alexander loses in the long run, aginst bahamat yes he does win but a new villian shows up. i had that problem with the last video

Ive had half-full soda cans before....and i have yet to find a fortune inside a fortune cookie (No Joke!!!)

Heh, just remembered, about a month ago I got a bag of doritos with a giant cheeseball and about 5 chips in it, and the chips were like rocks.

Stealthy Ivan said:

You bastard.

That reminds me of this place that used to be around here called Cliff's Comic World. I always had a problem getting any good cards from trading card games (Magic, Star Trek, Star Wars, etc.). The rares I got were mostly shitty. Oddly enough, I started to realise that when I bought cards from other places (there was one other similar store in town, and I sometimes ordered cards from this catalogue I used to get) that I'd actualy get some good rares every once in a while. Also, my friends and I began to notice that some packs of cards would have preferations on the tops of the cards for some reason. Finaly, someone went there for career day or something and they showed him the truth. The bastards would open all their booster packs, take out any good rares they found, and replaced them with shitty ones. Then they had this resealer that sometimes got the top of the cards if they didn't get them in there right. Needless to say, soon the entire community of gamers knew this and no one ever bought cards from there again. Due to competition with Wizards of the Coast which opened up soon after, their business started to fail and finaly two or three years ago, the owner of the stores was having a divorce with his wife so he sold all of them so she couldn't get them.

Heh, then Wizards put all the other comics/gamer stores out of business so there are no more. And just a month ago, Wizards itself closed down. Now there is absolutely nowhere in the entire county to get Warhammer, trading cards, comics, or D&D stuff, besides one store in Bremerton which only really sells Warhammer and Magic. It really sucks to be a gamer here.

Well, how would you return that to the store? I mean you open up your new game and there's nothing there. You can't really go back in and say "Hey, it didn't come with a disk." because then they'll think you're lying. Either that or give you the strangest looks.

Not with games, but I once got a present from a friend of mine - it was a Rammstein album called "Herzeleid".
When I threw the disc into the drive to play it, it turned out to be a different Rammstein album called "Mutter", which I already owned.

So my friend (he said the clerk in the shop looked pretty stoned when he bought the cd) promised me he'd take the cd back to the store and shake his big fist at 'em until they'd hand over the proper cd - got it a month later.

Bought TrackMania from the Digital Jesters website, and the CD key wasn't in the box. Thankfully customer support was willing to generate one for me (after sending them the internet key).

Stealthy Ivan said:

Hey would'nt you do the same if you had a chance to huh???

No, because that's stealing and I don't steal.

I bought Vice City, and the game froze on the "Rockstar" logo. I reset, and the PS2 didn't even recognise it as a valid disk. I returned it, and the nice guys at EB took it to the back room, where it was presumably put out of it's misery, and I was given a replacement disk, which worked fine.

SmellyOgre said:

Heh, just remembered, about a month ago I got a bag of doritos with a giant cheeseball and about 5 chips in it, and the chips were like rocks.

ROFL.. I buy Doritos all the time and I can't say I've ever seen that phenomenom. :p

I've had paperback novels that came apart because there wasn't enough glue holding them together.

What Danarchy said about the broken center things on CD jewel cases. I've seen that a lot and I've also had ones that you needed to press down so fucking hard that you almost have a anerysm to release the CD.