Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
xit-vono

Requiem 10 maps in 10:29

I'll tell you what I think... geocities sucks.

Ah, there it goes.

EDIT: it's good, although it has a lot of that TAS mouse snapping that gets hard on the eyes, it was fun to see complex maps like 06 and 08 done at a TAS level. Are you going to do the rest of the wad?

I certainly enjoyed watching it. I'm not sure exactly which of the tricks are new (I don't know Requiem too well), but there were certainly some I don't recall seeing before (e.g. jumps in map10). Map08 looked cool, particularly berserking through those infested tunnels.

just the dude to do this since he did so many of the maps pacifist or nightmare.
another gem of a tas movie..

Well I did invent both the falldown jump on map08 and the map10 window jump for this movie. Oh, and also a switch trick in map08(well 2 of them but the other one is trivial and saves less than a second). I believe that all the other tricks are basically used. I invented the yellow key jump from the side in map07 but it seems Doomerman thought of it earlier so it doesn't count as new. I do intend to finish the rest of the wad or at least continue on a ways.

Btw here are the individual times if you didn't catch them while playing back:

1: 11
2: 26
3: 56
4: 50
5: 1:34
6: 1:38
7: 42
8: 2:26
9: 1:08
10: 38

entryway said:

And his new nightmare movie is perfect too.

Erm, but this Requiem movie was done by xit-vono, while you linked to Vile's run :)

Donce said:

Erm, but this Requiem movie was done by xit-vono, while you linked to Vile's run :)

upss :)
it is the devil's work
and
>E2M8 - Tower of Babel - excluded
also

yeah. ExM8 times never count for compet-n, as until lmpc existed there was no way to tell what the time was.

I watched that demo by Vile, good work Vile, very nicely done :)

Grazza said:
Hope you're a fast eater. :p

Hehe. I thought it was a max run at first until I checked... I should've checked Xit's second post in this thread (with the times) before posting...

Anyways, good stuff. A little twitchy as one would expect when it's relying upon heavy slowmo, but it still ruled! I'd love to see maps 12, 22, 23 and 27 done TAS style, so by all means finish the movie!

VinceDSS said:

cool, Vile decided to get rid of WinXP :)

I never had WinXP, but Win2K, yes. :)

I still have it though, the movie was just done with -nosound. It was hardly a disadvantage for a run consisting of pure speedrunning, and rather calming when combined with some choice mp3s. It was sorta a pain to do the e2m2 switch trick at first though, since I had to assume I pulled it off right away or I'd nearly miss my ride. :)

Vile said:

It was sorta a pain to do the e2m2 switch trick at first though, since I had to assume I pulled it off right away or I'd nearly miss my ride. :)

yerp, you definitely cannot wait to see if it worked or not.

Sbastard said:

Nice demo, but I really don't like Requiem, so I couldn't fully appreciate it :x

so do I, but Xit already knows I am not fond of it :)