Sign in to follow this  
Silverwyvern

Art Team Ups!

Yes to artist mergers?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Yes to artist mergers?

• Yup
    • Nope

Been thinking it would be cool to have artist team ups. We will pick (or vote on) which two artists we should merge (there will be many teams) and see what a hybrid project would look like. An example would be to have dsm's linework and Agnes's painting..

What do you think?

Yup or Nope?

...imagines what a team of darknation and ravage would produce...

Scabbed Angel said:

How would it be done? Someone starts something and mails it to the other person to finish? Me confused.

Hmm.. this is a discussion partly as well... maybe have one persons line work colored by someone else... or just draw each others characters...

Dunno.. You guys tell me :)

We could start by all the interested parties saying "ME ME!" then I'll take the list after a couple days and mix them up. I'll throw them all in a hat... Dan can witness.

I might work with Kstr or someone, but i'm afraid i'm a lone tiger for art.

Still it would be nice to do something in pen and have someone colour it in with photoshop.

Wow, nice image melfice! Did you scan the magic cards and edit them or draw them from memory? Pretty sweet either way.

How about assigning each pair of participants a theme and then, after a defined period of time, each pair will exchange their works and then make changes to what they are given (according to what they think would best complete the theme)? This way no one gets stuck doing just coloring or just lining.

Heh, who would vote against this contest?

Sounds fun. I'd go, "ME ME!" too, but I'd be to much of a pain in the ass for my partner, especially if I was drawing line.

Assmaster said:

Wow, nice image melfice! Did you scan the magic cards and edit them or draw them from memory? Pretty sweet either way.

How about assigning each pair of participants a theme and then, after a defined period of time, each pair will exchange their works and then make changes to what they are given (according to what they think would best complete the theme)? This way no one gets stuck doing just coloring or just lining.

Heh, who would vote against this contest?

Not too fond of this idea... I think we pair linelovers with paintmasters... then its all good. I personally don't wanna switch the drawing at the end for someone to just pick apart again... meet in the middle... one image per 2 artists.

I've always been open to somebody spicing up my pencil drawings with colours - everyone who's willing to give it a try are free to add colours to what I've made and will make in the future (probably not a lot - I'm tired of doing hand-drawn pictures and I'm too hung up with other things too).

Me Me

This would be an awesome idea cause I'm too lazy to color my drawings. count me in. If someone want's to colour my Mancubus bust go ahead. just remember where it came from it you decid eto post on another board. ;)

Does it really require being a paintmaster ?

I'm not a paintmaster but I'd give it a shot at that category because I'm better at this than lineart.

So Me Me whatever...

I'm in if you don't get an even number of participants, otherwise I'll pass.

If we get uneven, I'll go twice... and to keep this fun.. how about I just post the teams and you guys and just produce a piece.. no rules other then you both have to have worked on it.

Then it stays open to you guys.