Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Job

One step closer to peace

This makes me think the times might be changing and the world may possibly see one less degree of violence in the mideast.

Though there will never be complete peace throughout all the nations until evil and sin are destroyed, we can still try to make this as peaceful a world as we can.

S1lent said:

Though there will never be complete peace throughout all the nations until evil and sin are destroyed, we can still try to make this as peaceful a world as we can.

O_o
Define evil and sin.

Shaviro said:
O_o
Define evil and sin.

Easy, anyone who isn't Christian or white.

Seriously, evil and sin? are there people who wake up in the morning and think to them selves, "hey, I think I'll be evil today"?

Job said:

This makes me think the times might be changing and the world may possibly see one less degree of violence in the mideast.

How exactly did that make you feel what you felt?

boris said:
There will only be peace when everybody's dead.

We each can take a piece and our share of that peace by dying individually.

What's more; we will do so inevitably!

We're one step closer to peace with every tick of the clock.

Memento mori.

Well, seeing as how the late 19th century was the very first peaceful era in ALL of human history, I'd say we are indeed closer to world peace; albeit not very obviously ATM. I have faith that I will see world peace during my lifetime.

Nah, world peace will never exist (even though I hope it will exist). War is profitable for the developed countries and the corporations ruling them, and religions never change so the hate that also causes wars won't change either (at least not in the next few centuries). Besides, humans will always crave power and wealth, both obtained through war.

Terra-jin said:

Well, seeing as how the late 19th century was the very first peaceful era in ALL of human history, I'd say we are indeed closer to world peace; albeit not very obviously ATM. I have faith that I will see world peace during my lifetime.

Portugese civil war
Belgian war of independence
Polish rebellion
Spain's 1st Carlist war
Spanish Matiner's war
crimean war
Franco austrian war
Garibaldi's Expedition against Naples
Polish rebellion (They rebel a lot the poles) :P
german-danish war
Austrian-Prussian war
Franco-german war
Another Spanish Carlist war
Franco-Moroccan war
France-Mexico
Peruvian-Spanish war
Chile-peruvian war
1st Anglo-Burmese war
1st Anglo-Afghan war
1st Anglo-Sikh war
2nd Anglo-Sikh war
Sepoy rebellion
2nd Anglo-Burmese war
2nd Anglo-Afghan war
Very peaceful :P

fodders said:

long list of links
Very peaceful :P

Pwned

uh...we are human...war, death, oppression and destruction are part of our nature, our tribalistic mentality.

world peace? YEAH RIGHT

dr_st said:

How exactly did that make you feel what you felt?

Read the article and you'll see why. Take a look at it and if you're still mystified, I'll explain my reasoning.

Captain Red said:

Easy, anyone who isn't Christian or white.

hey that's not true!!!

people with oil are okay too, regardless of creed or skin color

Terra-jin said:

Well, seeing as how the late 19th century was the very first peaceful era in ALL of human history,

I really hope this is some kind of joke.

There never will be total peace on this planet its not in our nature we have something called free will.

Job said:

This makes me think

People have been gathering and talking about things for a long time over there, and I don't see how anything's been fixed.

I suppose I was temporarily victim to blind optimism.

I'd say enjoy the relative peacefullness in the world today, as most of history was much, much, MUCH more violent.
I mean, think about it: France, Germany and the UK are not in war with eachother for almost 60 years now. That's a miracle.

It's a question of how lucky you are, really. After all, history is about wars and stuff like that, so you can't be surprised if it seems violent, but I'm sure the majority of people that have existed have lived relatively peaceful lives.

There will be world peace when the aliens invade, heh

Though i suppose it goes on how you define peace, there could, by some mirace, be a period of human history where no wars are being fought anywhere on earth (and earth is not fighting wars with anything from outside), but there will still be drunk yobs smashing each others faces in on saturday night..so there may be a time where there is no war..but will will still kill each other, just not as much as we do when we shoot big rockets around

I can't help but look at how this thread evolved and think, this is why nothing changes. Some would more comfortably resign to the fact that the world is a huge crapper with no flush handle, and any otherwise suggestion is met with sharp wit. Still others eventually find out that power nets you personal gain, and they never get past that.