Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Alboroto

The doomguy's suit...

Since I first played multiplayer I had a doubt...

He's on Mars, Mars is DAMN cold, so the helmet protects his face, BUT he has a hole on his chestplate, and his sleeves are rolled up... kinda weird huh...

Well, right now my baby's criying, so I'll be around later...

Yes, the suit sucks big time. It looks like some crappy "armor" for one of those TV contests where your objective is to perform a couple of physical tests. I'm sure there's one of those in any country...

Anyway, the new armor looks way cooler, not to say realistic. I'm glad with the new design.

considering he is in HELL, that missing piece and rolled up sleeves is probably the best he could do...unless he turned the "running around in the underworld with no pants" idea down.

He's on Mars, Mars is DAMN cold, so the helmet protects his face, BUT he has a hole on his chestplate, and his sleeves are rolled up... kinda weird huh...

lost souls bit his suit all over...
shotgun guys shoot bullets through all over his suit...
imps burn up his suit and set fire on his pants...

I think his armor is too plain, I haven't seen the new armor Zaldron talks about (sorry I live in Ecuador, third world country with 28kbps connection) but what I would really like on his armor are those, I can't remember the name in english (PARCHES) like ranger, airborne, army... you know what I mean, on his shoulder.
What rank is Doomguy supposed to be?
He looks like a rifleman, for sure.
Good at close combat, master in every weapon.

Space marine, I know... what rank, what branch.

Baby's criying again...

I think id made an attempt copy the combat suit of the space marines in "ALIENS",without coping it too closely. I mean after all, didn't I read somewhere in times past that it was THAT very movie that inspired id to make DOOM in the first place? Anyway I think id should look at some photos at
the ARMY's new LANDWARRIOR profiles for inspiration. and also some of those SWAT,MARINE FORCE RECON,SEAL TEAM 8(use to be Seal team 6)DELTA FORCE,SPECIAL HOSTAGE RESPOND TEAMS(SHRT)or the like, I mean SHHESSHH,ya'll should look at how
these special police,S.W.A.T,Counter Terrorist,military forces are dressing up these days. They're looking more and
more the the space marines in "ALIENS" and "DOOM" everytime.

And his helment,or visor should look like those bad-ass looking protection helments from "PAINTBALL" team deathmatch competition magazines I've seen in the book stores all the time. Hell yeahhh!!! that'll be mad PHAT!!

considering he is in HELL, that missing piece and rolled up sleeves is probably the best he could do...unless he turned the "running around in the underworld with no pants" idea down.

From Penny Arcade:

Tycho: I'm the King of no Pants!
Gabe: Lord, why couldn't he have been the King of Pants?

Anyways, I think the best space marine armor ever made was the power armor for the Warhammer 40k space marines. And I'm not even talking about the terminator armor for that game...that stuff is the siznit.

The new armor for the Doomguy looks better in D3 than the old one. We can skip that flower-green-armor right? He only had one hole on his armor and that location was his stomach, w00t?

You have to keep in mind that the mars moons of phobos and diemos have NO atmospehere at all, yet the doom marine was okay there.

His armor doesn't look very thick, but it maybe exactly where he gets his stupendous health from (I dont care what you say, a single shotgun blast to an unprotected human will kill them - it's a structural limitation of the human body, regardless of strength or mental toughness). Even at 100 health and 0 armor he can still takes two FULL shotgun blasts to kill (and that's using the player's weapon).

His armor isn't sealed, but I think the helmet is more for protective purposes than for environmental purposes (bulletproof plastic, titanium/kevlar ceramic weave on the helmet's exterior, etc.) This is why headshots dont effect him much (sniper rifle = as effective as a stinking pistol).

Maybe his armor jsut needed to be lightweight because of all the other $hite he was carrying (~150 lbs of weapons and ammo).

buddy, i'd like to see you have to run away from demons all day and running for keys and feeling the heat of explosions from your gun and barrels...whew! you'd roll up your sleeves too and you know it.

I heard someone mention Armour from the Warhammer 40k Space Marines.. That my freind, would kick ass, but guess what? There is already a game that COPIED BIG TIME off Warhammer 40k.. you know what that is? Star Craft.. The same company that copied off D&D with Diablo, and that is BLIZZARD, the company I hate the most.. damn fuck ass's..

STARCRAFT RAPES EVERY GODDAMN RTS EVER RELEASED. PERIOD.

And Diablo didn't copied off D&D. Actually it's kinda based in those rules. There's a friggin D&D expansion that allows you to play in Sanctuary (Diablo's World).

I like the classic Doom armor, despite what others think. I hope it makes a triumphant return. Phobos had kewl armor too.

Starcraft can kiss Civilization 2's arse :)

Well. if you look at the doomguy sprites there's no hole in to his delicate tummy.. but on the doom1 titlepic it's wide open.. Why?

well it's rather simple really.. The doom titlepic was hand drawn on paper.. and when it was transformed to the lowly 256 color 320x200 image in doom1 some details failed to show up in the image..

If you look at the Udoom poster you'll notice that a hellspawn actually have clawed him over the stomach wich is the reason for his bare skin spot.. this however didn't show up at all like this on the title pic.. wich even lead to the doomguy in quake3 having a unprotected stomach.. Hence the author of the skin wasn't the same author as made that picture he probaly failed to notice that it actually was a damadge in the armor and not a intentional hole..

only remains of what was there before are a few cloth shreds on that pic though.. I am not aware of if there was supposed to have been a stomach plate there before.. ohwell..

about the sleaves.. the bases on Mars Phobos and Deimos probaly had central heating.. and hell. well I think that's hot enough..

Starcraft can kiss Civilization 2's arse :)

I said RTS "Real Time Strategy"...

BTW, CIV III IS GOLD!!! HOORAY!!

Zaldron, I like the game StarCraft in general, it is one of the best RTS's around {as is HomeWorld} But you have to admit, if you go out and look at WH40k, SC copied SO SO bad!

I think the doom marine outfits on Q3 were rather nice. I like the new one seen in the DoomIII shots, too.

Oh, and StarCraft is one of the greatest RTS's.

...even though it does bear a VERY strong resemblence to WH.

I agree that Starcraft is the best RTS ever made.

It just pisses me off that Blizz decided to make Warcraft 3, instead of Starcraft 2. The story to SC badly needs a resolution! That and I'm not crazy about the Warcraft universe, Starcraft's universe is excellent.

I'll tell you one thing, if I were the Doom guy, I know I would want the demons to stare in awe at my abs of Jello.

The missing stomach portion of the armor can probably be explained by the need for unrestricted stomach movement (curling, midair turns, etc.) I am glad, however that it will be changed, though. But it would be neat if there were some way to "unlock" the original armor as a bonus for doing something special. That way when you start the game you can choose between new or retro.

As far as best RTS goes... I was never really hooked by either Warcraft or Starcraft. C&C will always be my personal favorite.

Blizzard probably decided to go with a new WarCraft because it had been longer since we had seen a new one. After all, Beyond the Dark Portal came out in 1995, right? StarCraft came out in 1998, I think. Blizzard just wanted to make sure that they kept the WarCraft audience. Don't worry, I'm sure Blizzard has a new StarCraft in the brainstorm somewhere...it was a very successful RTS.

...i like warcraft's storyline...

I'm also hoping for a StarCraft 2, but I'm willing to wait whatever Blizzard wants. Now how cool would be a FPS where you can use Terrans, Zerg or Protoss? ^_^

Not to say the least, I have been into realism, but we are talking about the doom suit from 93, think, these are video games were their is no such thing as heat "in them days anyway" and no one cared about how he looked on realism, but on how cool he would look, again this only my opinion, and opinions are like assholes everyone has one, well I think everyone has one...