Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sargebaldy

send a message to the year 52,006!

...sends a message:

"How much longer until Millennium is finished?"

*sends some message about going to school in the snow uphill both ways*

/me sends.
"If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?"

They won't get it because I am sure there won't be any trees or natural forests by then. :D

AndrewB said:

In their list of languages, they have Klingon, but not Elvish.

Klingon? you got to be shitting me! well if it is a fully functional language then why not, even if it is for a Sci-fi television show

hahaha it is listed as a language you can use

first post lole

Hopefully whatever lives here are geniuses and can decode are language.

Sadly the fact that they're getting people on the Internet to submit stuff means that the people in the year 52,000 are just going to be incredibly confused.

According to corporate teen-punk band Busted, we're all going to be living under water by the year 3000. They've been there, apparently.
Also, how did they come to choose 50,000 years into the future? Does it even matter? What's the meaning of life?

They chose 50,000 years because that was an estimate of how long it had been since we just started scratching on cave walls.

"I'm standing right behind you."

50,000 years, yeah, that makes a lot of freaking sense.

Grimm said:

"I'm standing right behind you."

50,000 years, yeah, that makes a lot of freaking sense.

Whoa, the returm of Grimm.

And how are the people in the future supposed to read the information stored in the satellite? IIRC studies show that we're not be able to read our current media (CD, DVD etc) in a mere 20 years, let alone 50k years.

I believe that this planet will be here in 50,000 years I mean were not gunna destroy it totaly but it will probably not be fit to live on or worse provide anything required for life forms to live.

boris said:

And how are the people in the future supposed to read the information stored in the satellite? IIRC studies show that we're not be able to read our current media (CD, DVD etc) in a mere 20 years, let alone 50k years.

Wikipedia states:
Symbolic instructions in several formats will show how to build a DVD reader, which might no longer exist 50,000 years from now.

What makes us think that in 50000+ years humans or whatever will dwell here will care about us.

This thing will probably get forgotten way before 50,000 years time. In a few hundred years time people will probably want to identify this unknown satellite at an orbit of 1,8000 km high that's slowly making it's way back down to Earth.

Wikipedia states:
Symbolic instructions in several formats will show how to build a DVD reader, which might no longer exist 50,000 years from now.

heh. why don't they just, I dunno, put a dvd player on the thing?