Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tails173

Good Ol IGN

Since when does Halo get this kind of credibility compared to DOOM? :p

IGN caters mostly to console gamers and nincompoops. Though the first group shouldn't be confused with the other.

Indeed. If my desire for Xbox Halo were compared with my desire for Xbox Doom3, the chart would look similar to that. However, if my desire for either combined were compared to my desire for oh, say...
*insert rest of clever statement here*

Once doom3 actually has the opportunity to get a shitload of fanboys, then redo that poll. Halo2 has that huge halo:ce fanbase which of course elevate the votes by an amazing amount.

Of course people want Doom3 more but Halo2 will still be a kickass game. Who's seen the trailer for it?

tails173 said:

Yeah, i am not too big a fan of XBOX

Well who says the only people looking forward to halo 2 have an xbox? I'm looking forward to it, I have the first one for PC.

I had an Xbox and I thought it and its games were pieces of shit so I sold it for 1/3 of what I bought it for and a Cort of 151 lambs.

I don't see anything original in Halo 2. It looks like the same damn weapons, the same damn lousy monster designs, etc., only with slightly better graphics.

Heh, I'd be happy with the same game just with 10 new levels. My brothers always laugh at me whenever I buy a new Tony Hawk game.

AgentSpork said:

I don't see anything original in Halo 2. It looks like the same damn weapons, the same damn lousy monster designs, etc., only with slightly better graphics.

I wonder how many people said that about Final Doom.

Halo sucks ass. Doom 3 will be much better than halo 2. graphically and gameplay wise.

I betcha half the people who say Halo or XBOX sucks havn't played either of them.
I hate them idiots at school who go PS2 rules and XBOX sucks. How does XBOX suck? It owns PS2 graphics and sound wise. You can play online with it, you don't need memory cards for it and so on and so forth.

i've played halo on my friend's xbox. I just dont really like FPS games on game consoles. the FPS genre is really a PC thing.

Lutrov71 said:

I wonder how many people said that about Final Doom.

Heh, well, Final Doom wasn't originally MEANT to be released commercially, until iD paid them to do it.

Doom 2 wasn't very original either, but meh, at least it was fun. From what I've played of halo it's not exactly the most exciting game, the same music throughout the game, no monster variety (omg you have like 5 different color shades of the same monster, how original is that?)

you huys have to remember that alot of these popel who voted on those votes are little kids, people that grew up on PS and PS@ and of course Xbox. Alot of people only like video games because of halo. It was a genre changing game and i have to be honest i am going to buy it and love it just as much as i loved the first one. But because doom isnt just a game it is a generation it would be almost "unamerican" for me to say that i want halo2 more than doom3.

btw halo2 has almost just as many new AI features and graphics upgrades as well as a better involed story that will put the game right next to Doom3 in the greatest games ever made.

AgentSpork said:

Heh, well, Final Doom wasn't originally MEANT to be released commercially, until iD paid them to do it.

Doom 2 wasn't very original either, but meh, at least it was fun. From what I've played of halo it's not exactly the most exciting game, the same music throughout the game, no monster variety (omg you have like 5 different color shades of the same monster, how original is that?)

The only alien I liked from Halo was that huge alien where if you want to easily kill it, you have to let it lunge at you, sidestep and shoot it in the back.

Skeletor said:

The only alien I liked from Halo was that huge alien where if you want to easily kill it, you have to let it lunge at you, sidestep and shoot it in the back.

Yeah, which was fun for about 5 minutes.

i dont know, it was fun however many times i did it. i liked watching the blood ooze out and see them fall down slowly.

Use3D said:

Yeah, which was fun for about 5 minutes.

5? It wasn't even fun the first time.

Goliath said:

you huys have to remember that alot of these popel who voted on those votes are little kids, people that grew up on PS and PS@ and of course Xbox. Alot of people only like video games because of halo. It was a genre changing game and i have to be honest i am going to buy it and love it just as much as i loved the first one. But because doom isnt just a game it is a generation it would be almost "unamerican" for me to say that i want halo2 more than doom3.

btw halo2 has almost just as many new AI features and graphics upgrades as well as a better involed story that will put the game right next to Doom3 in the greatest games ever made.

nice

comparing halo2 xbx and doom3 PC would be more fair, comparing the two xbox versions would just give Halo2 favoritism.

Goliath said:

I wish I'd have already played both games to judge their storylines like you clearly have.