• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
999cop

The thing you might notice of what's happening with doomcenter lately

Doom Center Issues
Reported by: Bigdog 0 Comments | Add

You probably have noticed (if you're still coming here regularly) that Doom Center has been extremely slow, if reachable at all; same for our hosted sites. This is due to a very large overload on MGON's servers, plus a lack of balance between HTTP and database resources. Currently the technical crew is working on a way to 'cache' database items, which would alleviate the resource problems.

Of course, for the mean time, the site will be very slow (if not down), and I will try to update as much as possible - sometimes it is impossible to even update the site. We'll continue to cover news, but until the problem is resolved I will not post any new features, as it is kind of pointless if 3/4 of the audience cannot even view the site. Please bear with us and check back periodically for updates, hopefully MGON's tech crew will come up with a winner soon. If you have any questions or comments, you can email me or MGON technical

Well, I can get on their site, most of the times, but it is indeed slow. Also, sometimes they seem to go 'back in history' sometimes. (I see the news of today, next time I refresh the page I see yesterdays news (not a cache problem)).

But, what can I say? Ill keep checking there and just hope they fix it some day.

Yeah, but the point is lately doomcenter is getting worse. It's even much difficult to be connected these days and all the fonts and alignments are screwed up.

It's even much difficult to be connected these days and all the fonts and alignments are screwed up.

Is there some mystical relationship between font, alignment, and internet connection?

It's not just the news page that's difficult to reach -- many of the links, including download pages, hosted sites, etc. are down. Hosted sites have been off-line for 3 weeks now, and the end does not seem to be in sight.

Yeah, I can't reach Flathead's site for the moment. In fact, it's been like a month since the last time I actually got in there...

WHAT YOU SAY!!

Lüt has a post count of 5555. Amazing, considering he has a full-time job (outside of DooM).

Yeah, I can't reach Flathead's site for the moment. In fact, it's been like a month since the last time I actually got in there...

Well, it's not as if anything exciting has happened in the world of Doom 3 lately. If any of you really need to read Zaldron's article or something, I guess you could mail me about it (lordflathead@yahoo.com) and I could either mail the article or put it up at a geocities site for a while.

WHAT YOU SAY!!

He said basically that DOOMcenter sucks.