Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Captain_obvious

Doom 3 day set

Web sites that have an "official" doom 3 release date coming from activison england

Web sites/mags with similar time frame that do not have "official tag"

ebgames.com 6/14/04
newegg.com 6/15/04
June PC Gamer magazine 6/14/04

"official dates"

http://www.ghome.de/news/3121569363951/doom-3-the-legacy.php 6/14/04
doom3.de 6/14/04 - in German
gameware.at 6/14/04 - in German
sogamed.com 6/14/04 - in English
http://www.daddeln.de 6/14/04 - in German
http://shortnews.stern.de/start.cfm?id=518754&newsid=12&rubrik1=Entertainment&rubrik2=Alles&rubrik3=Alles&sort=1&start=1&sparte=4 6/14/04 - in German

The only thing that can be said is that it appears that the game will be released in Europe at the same time it is released in North America.

Keep in mind, many of these websites may not seem immediatly familiar to you, however many of them are highly respected/responsible foreign sites, and it is not unlikely that they recieved a direct email from activision.

Shortnews.de is a general reporting site, much like msnbc.com or cnn.com. Not a game only/computer only site.

As far as I am aware, games/movies are generally released on tuesdays, so I think the monday date of 6/14/04 is the day it goes gold or is shipped to retailers, although a bit silly creating a mandatory date to go gold vs a mandatory ship date.

* edit for content and new information
* edit 6 new sources reporting same/similar information.

See that little "edit" tag at the bottom of your own posts?

Use it instead of that incessant double/triple posting, like I'm doing with mine here.

I don't really see anything other than these sites claiming that Activision gave a release date. I'll believe it once I see it posted on DW or Shacknews with a press release.

stupid brits. although before the end of june would be nice.

EDIT: look i used the edit button

Before the end of June would indeed be nice, but I'm betting on a mid to late Audust date (around my birthday :)) or maybe into September.

TH-555 said:

stupid brits

I feel a need for balance here (in the ying-yang sense of the word) so let me just say 'stupid yanks'. That's better ;)

June would be to soon for me. I don't have the money for some new hardware just yet.

Linguica said:

If its official wheres the press release.

at work the official date is july 13th. basicly all we know is sometime this summer. so that is all we can go on right now

I think we all get the idea. It's not official until id says it is.

When I last posted I revealed that Doom 3 was on track for an early release. It turns out that that was not the case unfortunately. I will say this though, Activision currently is doing testing on Doom 3 release candidates and once they approve Doom 3 will be officially gold. Expect a PR to go out soon!

Doom 3 should be in your hands by the middle of June.

Revealer said:

When I last posted I revealed that Doom 3 was on track for an early release. It turns out that that was not the case unfortunately. I will say this though, Activision currently is doing testing on Doom 3 release candidates and once they approve Doom 3 will be officially gold. Expect a PR to go out soon!

Doom 3 should be in your hands by the middle of June.

Thanks er, Revealer. Surely your precious insights are uhh... maybe a mod should change your name or something.

The fact is you have no credibility, even less after your original post. No one believes you, or your "mole".

I'll "BELIEVE IT" when I "SEE" it on the shelves at Electronics Boutique, or Gamestop over here in mid-town Manhattan Mall!

Tsar,

I hate walking into futureshop and seeing the Doom 3 boxes and going "OMG!" then realizing they're the preorder boxes....damn it.

Captain_obvious said:

ebgames.com 6/14/04
newegg.com 6/15/04
June PC Gamer magazine 6/14/04

"official dates"

http://www.ghome.de/news/3121569363951/doom-3-the-legacy.php 6/14/04
doom3.de 6/14/04 - in German
gameware.at 6/14/04 - in German
sogamed.com 6/14/04 - in English
http://www.daddeln.de 6/14/04 - in German
http://shortnews.stern.de/start.cfm?id=518754&newsid=12&rubrik1=Entertainment&rubrik2=Alles&rubrik3=Alles&sort=1&start=1&sparte=4 6/14/04 - in German

Wait a minute didn't some of em used to say 7/14/04? So are these not just clever dates or are they for real? Have'nt heard from ID yet so I'm assuming these dates are clever.

This interview pretty much settles most questions concerning release date and demo. The demo will come out after the game is finished.

"It would be cool to be able to look out into the future and see when both titles will appear on store shelves, but I don't know our own release date, much less theirs, so it's silly to speculate"

- Todd Hollenshed 05/25/04

" The PC game will be released this summer, but I don't know if the release will be before or after QuakeCon. "

Quakecon date August 12-15.

That pretty much settles it, unless this interview was conducted a few weeks ago and an NDA was lifted, and game polishment/bug fixes took a shorter amount of time then required. Although that is highly unlikely.

One thing to consider, is that the hype machine is starting to pick up, however, atleast 1 month before release, final previews are generally given for most big games. The last PC game previews conducted where for quakecon multiplayer doom 3. As well as a speech recording preview on gamespy.com. Before that, there hasnt been any real new content given out for the PC single player version since e3 in 2003 - 05/25/03.

The only instances a very big upcoming game is not previewed using a near final preview and just suddenly goes gold, is when the game itself is terrible. And we all know that id doesnt release terrible games.

Captain_obvious said:

The demo will come out after the game is finished.

Hah! I knew it!

Todd said:

" The PC game will be released this summer, but I don't know if the release will be before or after QuakeCon. "

Quakecon date= August 12-15.

... Dammit. I guess I'll assume September. That'll make it even more exciting if it does come out in August.