Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Alboroto

a small music idea

Have you played Nightmare Creatures?
If so, remember during the videos the sweet Rob Zombie music... that could not during gameplay, so let's leave that part to Renzor (or whatever his name is...) 'cause he does a GOOD job with ambient music.
My point is, creepy music during the game; and hardcore along with videos.

so let's leave that part to Renzor (or whatever his name is...) 'cause he does a GOOD job with ambient music.

No, he doesn't.

Nightmare.wav in Quake3 sounds kinda scary, but I don't know about the others.

how about we just have really epic orchestrated metal like in the original game. i dont think there has ever been a game with better music than doom. i love rob zombie, but trent sucks cock. no epicness whatsoever in his music. and thats what musics about for me. i think blind guardian should do the music for doom, i wish they could do the music for the lord of the rings movie. they asked, but the music was already planned out

Some weeks ago I downloaded the History of Quake avi presented in the Ultimate Quake package. While it's nothing more than footage from all Quakes and their mission packs, what really grabs you is the music used as background.

A revamped version of Quake2's intro sequence song, adapted to each Quake game in order to mantain some instruments/visuals sense. I hope DooM's music sounds like that, some twisted orchestrated music.

The PSX version of DooM's("MOOAAANING")tones is the best for
the DOOM setting and also the N64"s DooM music is perfect.NUFF SAID!!!!!!

P.S. I think the music from Ridley Scott's "ALIEN" is top notch for DooM and also throw in alittle of the upbeat military music of James Cameron's "ALIENS" for some of those
sudden "HORDE AMBUSHES"!!!!

Reznor did a perfect job. I still isten to tracks 2,3,4, and 6

- long songs that dont ovbiously repeat
- Unusual instruments that dont remind you of normal life
- Good balance of fast paced and loud, to quiet and totally non-rythmic

Hmm...I dunno...I really like NIN and all, but the nusic to Quake kinda sucked. It was just a bunch of humming noises and such. I though it was scarier the first time around when I played it without any music.

Hmm...I dunno...I really like NIN and all, but the nusic to Quake kinda sucked. It was just a bunch of humming noises and such. I though it was scarier the first time around when I played it without any music.

actually about half of it WAS real music, but sometimes the percussion wouldnt kick in for about 2 minutes. Each track was 6 mins long, and a lot of people miss out on the stuff inside.

anbd you KNOW that was the best intro music any game has had in years...

I've been thinking about the concept of having a film composer do the soundtrack for Doom 3. Unless you are going to get the same guy that did D and D2, please lose the idea of a metal or gothic band. In order to get pure fear of your audience, you need the ambience produced by slow horror music. Probably the best composer for the job would be Danny Elfman. Have doubts? Throw your Sleepy Hollow DVD or VHS in and listen in awe...

sure ambience sets the mood, but if more than 10% of the game uses ambient music, it sux monkey nutz. it's like if i'm playing a western game, i don't want crappy music, i'd still want some upbeat hardcore metal. and i've heard some good ideas here. epic metal? sounds kinda cool. and just super hardcore fast speed metal...and evil death metal...and unhappy super hardcore trance techno. but most of the game should have doom1 style music. bobby prince knew what was up.

I'm split here. IMO Quake 1's music worked quite well and I would like to see some of that stuff back in DOOM, altough it should sounds a little more hellish. Not exactly the right choice of instruments. On the other hand, Quake 2's cinematic intro sported a pretty impressive music piece that sounded like something straight from a movie. I want to see (bah, hear) more of this stuff, specially for the first areas in the game.

epic metal? sounds kinda cool. and just super hardcore fast speed metal...

Yeah, that would be cool. I guess what i am tryin to say is that whatever Id software decides, it needs to be done well...I'm thinkin that there should be a variety. Like, the music could go from death metal to eerie, dread sounding music (ie, elfman)...depending on the setting, mood, etc...

As long as John Carpenter doesn't do the soundtrack...
/me shivers in the presence of the Halloween soundtrack.

Listen to Type O negative's version of BLACK SABBATH. its the first song that comes to my mind when playing doom. It would be PERFECT to have in there..especially the keyboard part..wow it scares you if you listen and play doom at night.

Cool scary music:
Monster Magnet
Black Sabbath
Genitorturers
Type O Negative
Diablo Soundtrack
Apoptygma Berzerk
Depeche Mode

I know its electronica, but Laren D'Or did songs on the ecco the dolphin 2 soundtrack that easily matched (and sometimes exceeded) the "fear factor" of bobby prince's compositions in the original

get "Innuendo" and "Welcome to the Machine" if you dont beleive

I really like ambient sounds and/or music myself.
Quake was scary partly because of the fact that there was no heavy metal/generic music blasting in the background. Just the sound of the wind whistling outside and the crackle of the torches on the wall.....

I know its electronica, but Laren D'Or did songs on the ecco the dolphin 2 soundtrack that easily matched (and sometimes exceeded) the "fear factor" of bobby prince's compositions in the original

Hehe, I used to listen to that daily about 6 months ago. I have the actual game, so I don't know what the actual songs are called but Track 13 ruled. I wouldn't say it's creepy music since it's made for a dolphin game that kids are gonna play, but I believe that guy is very capable of doing truly creepy music. I don't think he's any match for Das Ich but it's possible.

Cool scary music:
Monster Magnet
Black Sabbath
Genitorturers
Type O Negative
Diablo Soundtrack
Apoptygma Berzerk
Depeche Mode

Depeche Mode ... scary music ???

are you kidding ?

Apoptygma Berzerk.. i have only "Non-Stop-Violence" so i can`t say anything about it but the DooM 3- Music have to be a bit scarier.

Cool scary music:
Monster Magnet
Black Sabbath
Genitorturers
Type O Negative
Diablo Soundtrack
Apoptygma Berzerk
Depeche Mode

Depeche Mode ... scary music ???

are you kidding ?

Apoptygma Berzerk.. i have only "Non-Stop-Violence" so i can`t say anything about it but the DooM 3- Music have to be a bit scarier.

Yeah, Apoptygma and DM aren't really suited for Doom, but they can be morose. Hive could work, though.