Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
death55

Zdoom 9X

If someone is interested,I have started new project named Zdoom 9X.It will use DirectX 9 and based on Zdoom(as name says).unti basic remaking will be finished there won't any picturer.First phase will be for 2 or 3 months.Project page is home.tiscali.cz/danklima/e_zdoom9x.html

For start all things from Zdoom and improved graphic,but I plan to add something Strife-like intros and support for in-game story with custom pictures.

death55 said:

I plan to add something Strife-like intros and support for in-game story with custom pictures.

Have you ever heard of ACS? You can already do most of that and the next version will even support Strife's dialogs - with a more flexible dialog system planned.

If you're good at coding, you should contribute to existing ports rather than reinventing the wheel.
After all, ZDoom has complete Strife-support on the todo-list, afaIk.

LogicDeLuxe said:

After all, ZDoom has complete Strife-support on the todo-list, afaIk.

It has. Randy already said that he knows the code for all linedef types. Combined with the dialog system and the existing monsters that makes Strife Support almost 80% complete. The rest of the monsters isn't much harder and since I know what the rest (as little as it is) is supposed to be I think that Strife support will be complete in 2.0.65, if not in 2.0.64.

Well I have heard about that (ACS) and when i can get full version Strife- I can't afford one from Amazon-like shop.And I didn't see how Strife dialogs are made.

i would say check more with zdoom and randy. an extra coder could help, if you are good and he wants your help.